Harry Time

Harry and I both walked in the house into the kitchen where I hang my backpack on the back of my chair.

"Can I get you something to eat, Love?" Harry asks. I missed him calling me 'love.' He never used it when we were arguing.

"No thanks. There was food at the meeting," I say, lying. I'd wait for dinner to eat.

"Okay," Harry says and sits down next to me with a bag of pretzels. "So why don't you tell me about school?"

I nod. "Well all my teacher are nice except for my biology teacher. She's really inpatient and she gave us like 500 worksheets to do today," I rant.

Harry chuckles at my exaggeration. "I'm sorry about that, love. Do you have any friends in the class?" He asks.

"Yeah. Evan is in it with me. We sit next to each other," I say with smile.

"That's great. You'll have a study buddy now, right? I'm sure you'll spend all your free time studying," Harry says with a wink.

"Sure, Dad. Whatever you say," I say and smirk.

"Speaking of studying; do you have any homework you need to do?" He asks.

"Just a little," I say.

"Well, I'll make you a deal. If you finish your homework we can go out for dinner and then come back home for a movie," he says.

"Ooh! Okay," I say. I unzip my backpack and pull out my biology packet and a pen. I had about 50 multiple choice questions left to answer.

"I'm going to clean up while you do that," Harry told me and stood up. I nodded my head, trying to concentrate on my work.

About thirty minutes have passed and I only answered three questions. I decide to just guess for the rest of them since it was taking too long. I finish within five minutes. "I'm done!" I say, happily, to Harry as he empties the dishwasher.

"Great!" Harry says. "It's 5:00, so we can head out anytime your ready."

"I'm ready," I say. I really wanted to get out of the house. I hate being in one place for too long.

"Okay," Harry laughs. "Let me get the keys. I'll be out in a minute." I smile and rush out the door.

Harry comes out a few minutes later and unlocks the car. I get in the passenger side.

"So, Miss El, any suggestions for dinner?" Harry asks and looks over at me.

"Somewhere with food would be nice," I say, jokingly.

"Well, I guess we can't go to my favorite restaurant, then," Harry says with a fake pout which causes me to giggle. "How about the pizza place down the road?" Harry asks, on a more serious note.

"Okay," I say with a cheesy grin. "I love pizza."

"Then pizza It is," Harry says and starts to drive. While on the car ride there I turn the radio on. I flip through the radio stations until I stop on a song I like. "You like this song?" Harry asks.

"Yeah. I mean I've only heard it a few times I think, but it's really good," I say.

"Well, I'm glad you like it," Harry says with a laugh.

"Hey, whats the laugh for?" I question suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing," Harry says, laughing harder now.

"Dad! What?" I ask, joining him laughing.

"Well, this song, might, just might, be my song," Harry says, calling down a little.