Going Home

(Song: Never Let Me Go by Florence And The Machine)
After at least two hours of being in the ocean, we decide to get out and head home.

Harry carries me until we reach the sand and then puts me down as we walk to the area with all our stuff. I grab my towel from the back of the chair that Harry was sitting on and wrap it around my body.

Having wet clothes on definitely isn't comfortable, but I guess I kind of have to keep them on. My other friends all take their clothes off as they dry off and I can't help but feel a little jealous of them. I can only hope my scars will go away.

"Here you go," Harry says and hands me a dry T-shirt which obviously belonged to him, given its size. "I figured you'd want something dry after getting out of the water. There's a bathroom right over there," he tells me, pointing to a small building.

"Thank you," I say and take the shirt before walking toward the bathroom.

I lock the door once I get in the building and peel off the wet shirt. My eyes a drawn to my scars in the mirror. The dim lighting makes them look almost not even noticeable, causing me to sigh. It's going to take forever for these ugly scars to disappear.

I push the thought from my mind and slip on the oversized shirt before heading back out to the rest of the group. My wet shorts are still on, but they don't bother me as much as the shirt did.

Harry, Luke, Ashton, and Louis are all helping to pack up Ashton's car when I get back, so I walk over to Ryan who was still drying off.

His towel is placed over his head and he is rubbing it on his hair in an attempt to dry it.

He takes it off a few seconds later once he is satisfied with how dry it is and jumps a little when he sees me. "Woah, I didn't see you there," he says with a chuckle.

"I know. I wanted to surprise you," I say, laughing back.

"Mission accomplished," he says. He does the same thing I did and takes off his wet shirt. "You're lucky you knew you were going to be swimming in your clothes so you knew to bring an extra shirt."

"Well, to be fair, no one forced you to swim with you clothes on. You should have thought about the consequences," I say with a shrug.

"You're right, Dad. I'll make sure to think things through next time," he say with a silly eye roll.

"You better," I say. My phone is still on the table from where I left it a few hours ago and I pick it up to check the time. "Holy shit! It's already 10:30," I exclaim.

"Language!" Ryan scolds.

"Okay, Dad," I mock him back.

•~~~~~

"You ready to go, guys?" Louis asks, walking over to us.

"Yup," I say. We all walk over to the van and get in. There's obviously not enough seats for all of us, so I end up sitting on Harry's lap for the ride. It was only like a five minutes drive, so it's not like I needed to be comfortable or anything.

The drive back is filled with random conversations. Calum and Michael were talking about the correct way to eat cereal, which honestly confused me. Is there really a correct way to eat something?

"Guys, calm down," Luke says as the boys grow louder and louder. "The answer to your debate is you don't eat any cereal at all if you're going to complain about the way others eat it." That's a very true point. I don't know anyone else expect them who would argue about something this stupid.

"Well, I'm not an anorexic or anything. I have enough common sense to know that food, especially cereal, is delicious," Michael fires back at Luke.

Wow. I feel like a complete idiot.

I know Michael is just joking around, but that actually really hurt me. What's even worse is the fact that most people who were listening to the conversation just laughed at it.

Harry didn't, though. I'm assuming he noticed me tensing up when Michael said that, so he whispers in my ear, "hey, it's going to be okay."

He brings his arm to my shoulder and moves his hand up and down my arm to relax me. "I'm going to talk to him about that, okay. He's not going to get away with saying things like that," he adds.

I nod my head, not really in the mood to talk. Does Michael really think anorexics lack common sense? Sure, we have a problem, but it's a mental disorder, not our fault. If anyone's lacking common sense, it's him.

Harry turns my head to the side and kisses my cheek, letting me know he's there for me, which I deeply appreciate.

•~~~~~

We stop at our house first, as were the first house on the street.

"Bye, guys. We'll see you later!" Harry says as he gets out of the car. I got out before him, but don't say anything as I'm still upset with Michael.

A chorus of goodbyes are heard from the car as the door closes and they pull out of the driveway.

I walk up to the door and wait for Harry to come and unlock it and when he does, I walk straight up to my room without saying a word.

I know I'm acting rude, but the last thing I want to do right now is talk about what Michael said in the car.

I slam my door shut and fall down on my bed, curling up into a ball in my wet clothes. I'm almost at the point of falling asleep, but then someone opens my door and snaps me back into reality. I remain where I am, not having the energy or motivation to turn around and greet Harry.

The bed dips beside me and Harry's hand brushes my salty hair out of my face. For some dumb reason, I begin to cry. I didn't feel like crying before Harry came up here, but now that he's here, I just want to release all my emotions.

(A/N: I want to apologize for not updating a lot recently. I've been pretty busy studying for some tests I have soon. All my APs are next week, so expect more frequent updates after that!)