Dealing With Kimmy Again

(Song: Secrets by One Republic)
The next day, I wake up to my dreaded phone alarm. Another day of school. The good news, though, is that I get to find out what part I got for the musical.

I get dressed in a long sleeve, white shirt and black pants with stripes.

I put on my white Converse and grab my phone before heading downstairs and into the kitchen

"Good morning, El," Harry says, looking up from the kitchen table where he is making my lunch.

"Morning," I grumble, still tired.

"Why don't you get some cereal for breakfast while I finish your lunch," Harry says.

I nod my head and grab some Cheerios from the cabinet. I grab a bowl from the shelf and pour a good amount of cereal into it. Harry peaks over to make sure I put enough in my bowl and I notice him nod his head to himself.

I put away the cereal and pour some milk into my bowl before sitting down at my chair. Harry places my lunch in front of me and sits down with a cup of coffee which I can tell he just made because of the steam coming off of it.

"Cheerios, huh?" Harry says, almost surprised.

I look at him confused. "What?" I ask, curiously.

"Cheerios are the worst cereal out there," he says and shrugs his shoulders.

"Heck to the no, sir. Cheerios are sent from the gods above," I sass back.

Harry raises his eyebrows and chuckles. "I wasn't aware you had such strong feelings toward cereal," he says.

"You started it," I defend myself.

"Sure," he says with a smile.

"Whatever," I mumble under my breath and continue eating my cereal.

I eat about three quarters of my food and then the bell rings. "Bye, Dad," I say. He gets up and hugs me. "I love you."

"I love you too, El. See you after school," he says as he released from the hug.

"Okay," I say and walk outside to meet my friends.
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
When I arrive at my locker at school, Kyle is standing there. "Hey, El?" He says. I look up at him. "I'm sorry about yesterday. Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. Harry and I are good. We just had to work some things out," I inform him.

"Okay. I'm glad," he says. "Hey, before gym class, let's go check out your part in the musical. The list is by the auditorium."

I smile and nod my head. "Okay, I'm excited," I say. I shut my locker and we begin walking toward the auditorium.

"Whore," I hear as we approach the list. It's Kimmy. She shoves my shoulder, making me falter, but I quickly regain my balance.

"It's fine. She is just upset because you got a part that's equal to her part," Kyle tells me.

My smile grows. "She deserves it," I say.

Kyle nods his head, agreeing. "Go on, check what you got. I'll be right here," he says.

I walk up to the list, making my way past the crowd of people, and find my name on the list:

Ellie Styles - Gabriella's Mom

I'm shocked I did so well. I notice that Kimmy got Sharpay's Mom. That makes sense why she was so mad earlier.

I walk back to Kyle and hug him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," I say.

"Don't thank me. Thank yourself. It's our talent that got you on the list," he says, hugging me back.

We both break apart from the hug and walk to gym class while holding hands. When we arrive at the women's locker room, we both stop. "Meet ya in the gym," I says and begin to walk into the room.

"Okay," Kyle says and walks away.

When I enter the room, I see Kimmy sitting on the bench by my locker already dressed in her uniform.

"Hey, would you look who it is. Miss depressed, cutting, worthless, ugly freak!" She squeals. "You really messed up getting that part, bitch. You're in for it now," she says, getting in my face.

"I'm sorry I didn't know I was going to get that part. Please," I whisper, scared of her words.

"Sorry won't cut it this time," she hisses and walks away.

I sigh and unlock my locker. I never thought I'd be so disappointed to get such a good role in a musical. I grab my uniform from the inside of the locker and place it on the top of the lockers. Quickly, I take off my shirt and slid my gym shirt on.

Kimmy comes skipping over right after. "Go ahead, take off those pants. Show us your ugly, fat thighs," She taunts.

"Kimmy, please stop," I say softly, still obviously sacred of her.

"No, actually I'm fine continuing. Thanks for the suggestion though," she says.

Before I can say anything else, the woman locker room monitor comes in and yells, "time to get to class, ladies!"

Everyone piles out of the room, except for Kimmy and me. "So, you gonna get dressed?" Kimmy questions.

I debate in my head whether I should just go out like this, but decide against it. Then Kyle would know somethings wrong, and he's too busy to worry about me. I guess I can deal with Kimmy making fun of me for now. I mean, it's only her and me in the room.

I slowly move my shaky hands down to my waist and remove my pants. Before I have time to put on my shorts, Kimmy takes out her phone. "Smile for Dan," she says.

I freeze for a moment, but then quickly slide on my shorts. "Kimmy, no, you can't do this. Please, don't send it to Dan or anyone else," I say.

"Maybe I won't," she says. "But..." Oh no.

"You have to meet me and dan at the park after school today. Don't worry, he won't do anything too bad, like last time. I just want to have some fun," she says in a threatening tone.

"F-fine. I'll meet you after school. Now d-delete the picture," I stutter.

"Not yet," she says with a smile. "When you show up to school, then I'll delete the picture. Until then, it remains on my phone.

I nod my head, defeated and she says, "now, get to class. You don't want to worry the teacher." I nod my head and walk out of the locker room.

Today is going to be a long day.