Surprise?

(Song: Ain't it Fun by Paramore)
Harry's POV
Ellie comes downstairs about ten minutes after I left her room.

"Hey, love. Your bagel should be done in just a minute," I tell her. I just put her bagel in the toaster a couple minutes ago. "

She nods her head, but doesn't say anything. That's weird. She was just chatting with me upstairs. I hope she's not mad that I made her get out of bed.

"Are you feeling okay, sweetie?" I ask her with a look of concern on my face.

She looks at me with a disgusted face. "I don't want to tell you," she groans with an overdramatic sigh.

"Tell me," I say back, with the same amount of sass she had.

"No," she says with a light chuckle.

"Why not?" I ask. At least it's nothing too bad, considering this is a rather lighthearted conversation.

"It's weird," she says.

"I'm weird," I respond. "I'll be able to handle it, I promise."

Her bagel pops from the toaster, but I ignore it and wait for Ellie to speak.

"Aren't you going to get that?" She asks with a smirk, thinking she got away with talking to me.

"It can wait. The faster you tell me the less cold your bagel will be," I say. She should know better than to try to escape a 'Dad talk.'

"Maybe I like my bagels cold," she shrugs.

"But you don't," I shrug back.

She rolls her eyes. "Fine," she breathes out. She hesitates before replying. "I'm on my period and I need some stuff," she mumbles quietly. Her cheeks flush a soft shade of pink and she looks up at me.

"That's not weird, Ellie," I tell her, bringing my hand to her shoulder. "Not at all. I thought you were going to tell me you just killed someone or something actually weird."

"It's a little weird," she says. I hate that she's embarrassed to talk to me about things like this.

"Then you're calling all women weird," I say. "Anyway, I put some women stuff under your bathroom sink. I'll show you." She must have not realized there was stuff under her sink.

I begin walking upstairs and she follows. "Sorry. I wouldn't have asked if I knew they were there," she says.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you came to me, even if I had to force it out of you," I tell her. "I hope you'll feel comfortable talking to me about things like this in the future though."

"I will. It's just awkward, I guess," she tells me.

We walk into her bathroom and I open one of the drawers under her sink which has some pads and tampons. "Well, it most certainly doesn't have to be awkward," I tell her.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks, Dad," she says.

"No problem. I'll be fixing up your bagel for you downstairs. Meet me down there when you're ready," I say and kiss her forehead.

"Okay," she says. I walk out of her bathroom and close the door as well. She's probably going to need some new sheets on her bed, too. But I'll deal with that later.

I walk back to the kitchen and put her breakfast on a plate. I grab the peanut butter from the cabinet and start spreading it on her bagel.

She walks down a few minutes later and I hand her the bagel, which she gratefully accepts. "Thank you," She says with a smile. After I pour myself a bowl of cereal, I join her sitting down at the table.

"Guess what I have planned for today," I say excitedly as she bites into her bagel.

"What?" She asks, looking over at me.

"Guess," I say.

"There's a million things you could have planned for today. This isn't fair," she argues.

"I never said it was fair," I say with a grin.

"Are we going somewhere?" She guesses.

"Nope," I reply. She's most definitely not going to get what I have planned.

"Is someone coming here?" She guesses incorrectly once again.

"Nope," I say.

"I don't know, Dad. What is it?" She asks.

"I guess you'll see after breakfast. It's really easy to guess though," I lie, just to annoy her a little.

"Ugh, you're killing me," she groans. "You know I hate surprises, right?" She takes another couple bites of her bagel. Thankfully, she seems to be getting a lot better at eating.

"I know you hate surprises, don't worry. It's nothing scary, I swear," I tell her.

"Fine," She says. "Leave me in suspense."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic," I tease her.

"I'll stop being dramatic when you stop being secretive," she says.

"Hm, touché," I respond. I take a bite of my cereal and Ellie starts eating her bagel again. The only days I eat breakfast are on the weekends, really, because they're the only days Ellie doesn't have school. I just want her to see that it's normal to eat breakfast and I would feel like a hypocrite if I forced her to eat without eating myself.

Ellie and I finish our breakfast in about ten minutes and then she looks at me. "So, are you going to show me what we're doing today?" She asks.

"I guess it is that time," I say. A smile that I can't hold back appears on my face. I really hope Ellie likes what I have for her.

We both stand up and she starts to follow me as I walk down into the basement. I'll have to clear our dishes later. I lead her down into the recording studio and open the door for her.

"For you, Miss Ellie," I say in a fancy accent.

She bows before entering. "Why, thank you," She says with a smile.

I follow her in the room and shut the door behind me. Here goes nothing.

A/N: Hi, guys!
So, do you think I should make more chapters with Harry mad or disappointed?
I'm open to any suggestions you guys have for reasons Harry would be mad.
Thanks for reading this far!