Harry's Family

(Song: Collar Full by Panic! At the Disco)
ELLIE'S POV

Harry's Mom and sister come over to me with smiles on their face. "Hi, Ellie," his mom says excitedly. "It's so nice to meet you. You can call me Anne."

She pulls me into a hug, which I respond by hugging back. I am definitely a little nervous, but I don't want to be rude and pull back from the hug. Harry wouldn't like that. I guess she's a touchy kind of person.

"It's nice to meet you too," I say. My voice isn't a whisper, but it isn't very loud either.

"Alright, Mom, it's my turn now," Harry's sister says with a laugh.

"Okay, okay," Anne says and moves away from me, letting her meet me.

"Hi, I'm Gemma, Harry's sister. Harry has told me so much about you," Gemma says, giving me a big hug. I hug her back, even though I'm not too comfortable with the idea of it.

"All good things, I hope," I chuckle. My voice comes off as a joke, but I am actually a little nervous. Harry would never say bad things about me, and I know that, but I can't help the thought from entering my mind.

Gemma laughs. "Of course. You seem like an angel from what Harry has told me,"she says.

I nod my head and follow Harry's action of sitting down. Anne and Gemma do the same.

"Sorry again that we kind of ate all the chips," Gemma says sheepishly.

"That's okay," Harry says. "That's what they were here for."

Harry begins dishing out some rice, chicken, and vegetables to everyone. He put a little less food on my plate, which I was thankful for, but I know he's still going to make me eat it all.

"So, Harry, what have you been up to these days? It  seems you're always busy," Anne says, digging in to her meal.

Harry smiles before responding. "Well, I been spending most of my time with El, but other than that, I've been in the studio trying to write some new songs. I think I'm probably going to be releasing something soon," he says.

Sometimes I forget that Harry is a musician. It's just, I've never really known of him before he adopted me, so I just picture him as any other normal human.

"Ooh! Can we hear before you release it?" Gemma asks. Gemma seems like such a great sister. She actually cares about things Harry does, when I feel like most siblings kind of hate each other.

"I'm sure I can make that happen. But you're going to have to give me a few days before that can happen," Harry tells her.

I look down at everyone's plates and notice that they have eaten about a quarter of their food, while I have only eaten a little bit of rice. I grab my knife and begin to cut my chicken into small pieces.

The conversation continues throughout dinner, with me only talking when Harry asks me something. I still feel a little nervous, even though I have no reason to be. I just can't help it.

Gemma tells us about college and how she's studying psychology, which I think is really cool. Psychology is always something that had interested me, but I'm too stupid to actually understand what's going on.

Anne is the last one at the table to finish her food, besides me, of course. "That's was delicious," she says, looking over at Harry.

"Thank you, Mom. I'm glad you liked it so much," he says with a smile. Harry definitely took pride in his cooking, and for good reason too. He is very good at it.

"In a few minutes we can go to the basement and watch a movie, if that sounds good with you guys," Harry suggests.

We all agree and I begin eating again. I feel like I'm annoying everyone by taking this long to eat my meal. They probably know there's something wrong with me.

"Ellie, are you enjoying school so far?" Anne asks me.

"Yeah, I am. It's a really good school," I say, even though I'm not actually enjoying school.

"It is. You probably already know this, but Harry went there too, and Gemma just graduated about three years ago form there," Anne explains to me.

"Oh, yeah. He told me that," I say, taking another small bite of my rice.

"Good. Well, I'm sure you're getting outstanding grades. Gemma actually managed to be first in her class in her senior year," Anne boasts. She's obviously not saying that to be rude, she just wants to make conversation and doesn't realize she's talking with the stupidest teenager alive.

I look over at Gemma in disbelief. "First in your class?" I ask.

She nods her head. "Well, to be fair, I had a really small number of kids in my class and most of them were not dedicated to their school work at all," she says. Geez, she is the most humble person I know. If I was to get even just straight A's, I'd be telling everyone I know.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that's you your senior year. I know you spend a lot of time doing your homework and studying up in your room," Harry says, giving me a small.

If only he knew.

"I... I'll try," I say, unsure of myself. I can't believe Harry actually thinks I'm smart.

"Don't worry about it, though, sweetie. As long as you try your best and get decent grades, I couldn't be more proud of you," he tells me, placing his hand on my shoulder when he saw me get a little nervous.

That would be a comforting speech from Harry, only I don't get decent grades, no matter how much effort I put into school work.

"Okay," I say with a chuckle, trying to make myself feel better.

The conversation moves on away from me, thankfully. They start talking about Louis. I guess Anne and Gemma know him pretty well because they sure do have a lot to say about him.

I use this time to finish the rest of my rice. There's still about Hal of my chicken left, but I don't think I can eat it. I'm just so full. I put my fork down and wait for permission from Harry to be done.

"You all full, Ellie?" Anne asks when she notices my fork laying on the table.

"Yeah, I guess I just wasn't very hungry," I tell her with a shrug.

I watch as Harry eyes my plate and can tell he's disappointed. "Alright! Let's go watch that movie. I'll put this in the fridge. I'm sure you'll be hungry later," Harry says.

I nod my head and stand up. Harry tosses Gemma, Anne, and me a blanket each and we walk downstairs.