The Doctors (Part Two)

Harry's POV
I clear my throat. "Um, we were wondering if you could just make sure Ellie wasn't pregnant," I say, not bringing up the whole tape thing. El wouldn't want me to.

"Oh, yes, of course," Dr. Jones states. She didn't seem to be too phased by the question which relieves me. "Elizabeth, if you could just follow me," she says motioning for El to follow her into a room which I'm guessing was a bathroom. She stands up and begins to follow her, looking back at me worriedly. I give her a small smile to reassure her. I hear the doctor explaining to El what she is supposed to do and then she walks out and sits on her chair.

"So, Mr. Styles, I want to make sure Elizabeth is getting enough food in her body. She's only 100 pounds which is pretty far under the average weight for her age and height. It's very common for eating disorders to kick in at around this stage in a female's life," she says, concerned.

I have noticed that El hasn't been eating a lot, but I never realized that it could be more than having a small appetite. My heart breaks a little knowing that Ellie could be hurting herself like without feeling like she could come to me. "I... I have noticed she hasn't been eating very much, but I thought she has just been eating other places or she had a small appetite. I didn't realize it was something more serious," I say, flustered.

"Well, we don't know anything for sure since we're just now bringing it up. I want you to watch what she eats for the next few days and talk to her about it. Report back if you notice anything unusual, okay?" She asks remaining calm.

"Okay. I'll do that," I respond fidgeting with my hands, already feeling nervous for our talk.

El comes out a few seconds after the doctor and I finish talking. "I'm done," she whispers, looking at me and then the doctor.

"Great, I'll be back in a few minutes with the results. You two can wait in here," Dr. Jones says as she exits the room.

El sits on the chair next to me rather than the table she was sitting on before. "How are you feeling, love?" I ask, turning to face her. I figure it would be best to wait until we got home to talk to her about the eating disorder situation.

"I'm scared, Dad," she admits to me. I can see her eyes begin to well up.

I place my hand on her knee and sigh. I don't know what to tell her other than I loved her, so that's what I did. "Love, I know it's scary, and I know this isn't something you want, but we don't even know if your pregnant yet. You could be just fine. And no matter what happens, I'm always going to be here for you. I love you, El, more than anyone else in the whole world."

"Thank you, Dad. I love you too," she says while wiping her eyes. I couldn't help but feel like this whole situation was my fault. I should have been checking up on her. Then I would have noticed she was missing earlier and I could have gotten her home before dark.

The doctor comes in a few minutes later with a smile on her face. "Miss Ellie, we have some fantastic news for you," she says. Ellie and I both look up at her hopefully. "You're not pregnant," she reveals. I take a minute to process the information and then let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

I turn to El and she looks at me with a smile on her face. She hugs me and I hug her back. I can hear her joyful cries, which makes me smile and hug her tighter; she obviously wasn't expecting such great news.

"Well, you guys are free to leave whenever you're ready. Just sign out at the front desk," Dr. Jones tells us.

"Okay. Thank you so much, Dr. Jones. We really appreciate it," I tell her, releasing from my long hug with my daughter.

"Of course, Mr. Styles," she says and leaves the room.

I look back at Ellie and brush the hair out of her eyes. "You ready, love?" I ask her. She nods her head and stands up, a faint smile still plastered on her face.

We get in the car and I begin to drive back home. Ellie turns the radio on to a station playing Imagine Dragons. "You happy?" I ask El to make conversation; I already knew the answer.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks for taking me to the doctors," she says. She didn't seem to be too excited, but I get it. She was just completely violated by a random person.

"No problem, love. What do you want for dinner tonight? I'll let you choose," I say, hoping to make eating food easier for her if she was anorexic. I am going to make sure she eats all her food tonight. My daughter is too pretty to starve herself.

"Oh, anything is fine," she says. Her tone of voice leads me to believe she is uncomfortable talking about food. I can't believe I have never noticed this before!

"How about spaghetti and meatballs?" I ask. You can't go wrong with spaghetti and meatballs.

I see her nod her head out of the corner of my eyes. "Yeah. Sounds good," she says.

We arrive at home a few minutes later and walk inside. Ellie is about to walk upstairs, but I stop her. "Hey, El. Come downstairs in like ten minutes. I want to talk to you," I say. She nods her head and walks upstairs. This is going to be a rough conversation.

(A/N)
Hey! Do you guys want to see more POVs from people besides Ellie? What do you think about Harry's POV?

Thanks for reading this far! I appreciate it!