o n e . r e d

ONE

The veil of darkness — the night had set in the town. The moon was at its peek, the howling had begun. Naeun made her way through the forest and peeked at the various animals that had gathered in the darkness. Her eyes glowed and her face had transformed into the most known werewolf — Crescent. She was known as one of the rarest wolves since she was bitten not too long ago but had managed to master her thirst for killing and her senses were all under her control even during the full moon.

Peace was made among the people and the wolves years ago but collapsed because of the now faded mark that is present on Naeun' pale neck. She couldn't remember that particular night she turned into a creature coated with light brown fur. Many say that her wolf resembles the great Luna — Fiona.

Her mouth was close shut as she heard the howling around her. But she was careful since she knew people were present around the town aware of the incident that had taken place, but the greatest relief was that nobody confirmed the so called rumour that had spread around town.

"Kim Naeun." The roll was being called out and it was the time she was most alert, her wolf senses used to be active at this period of time. She raises her hand swiftly something she had gotten used to since she had been turned.

She is always best at what she did, so her academic grades weren't something that she was worried about but she was afraid people would notice the way she had gotten energetic since she thought people saw her as someone without any strength— fragile. But she was glad that nobody actually paid attention to her ever.

As lunch approached she made sure she got a seat in the library to finish her research about the different packs. Naeun never actually got to know which pack she belonged to, the alpha that had bitten her was someone she couldn't track. There was a little hope left that she would be able to find any kind of ceremony that would help her track down her pack.

She skimmed through three books about wolves but wasn't able to obtain any information. But a particular pack caught her interest, the East. The numerous amount of mentions about how they were the peace makers somehow drew her attention and she hoped to belong with them.

"What you got there miss?" the librarian questioned her, the curiosity that was filled within her could be sensed by Crescent. Naeun as a human, someone trying to master psychology knew it was the right thing to not reply. Her lips curved into a smile and she bowed and made her way out along with the book.

Naeun made her way to her dorms but something was weird everytime she stepped out, the strange presence of someone who followed her bothered her too much. So she made sure to be aware, fully aware of what was going on.

She shifted to a single bedroom ever since she had been bitten. She sometimes wanted to turn. Her textbook was now placed on the desk and her fingers traced the words on each page, information would be scribbled on the side of the pages of her textbook. A sigh escapes her lips as she rests her back on the chair. Her work for the next two days had been completed. She stretches her body and moves around the room rotating her head to relive the pain.

The werewolf book had left her thoughts but when she caught a glimpse of it she had the urge to return it. So Naeun walks in the dark with the library key in her hand. She had been working there for a while, her sense of responsibility helped her acquire a key.

"Wolf—" she felt the spine of the books as she was looking for the place of the book.

A sweet smell had entered the library, her wolf howling inside of her. The Alpha? She questioned since she couldn't distinguish very well. She wouldn't let her wolf take control of her. But she knew Crescent was fighting for her way out and she was struggling to control the urge to change.

Her claws had made their way out but she tries to control herself. She scratches herself unconsciously causing her to groan from the pain.

She could feel the swiftness of the other wolf present. She tries to trace the scent but it had somehow disappeared. But she knew that the wolf was present. When she charges towards it when it was caught off guard she catches a glimpse of the dark red eyes that pierced the darkness— an Alpha.

Not Edited. Let me know your thoughts about this chapter.