n i n e . b e l o n g

NINE

That night she knew things were going to get hard because of the full moon. But Naeun didn't hesitate to go on a trip with a vampire beside her.

She was glad the sun announced it's presence as they drove out to the border of her town.

Knowing she couldn't catch up on sleep for the past few days she allowed the heaviness in her eyes to take over her.

Taemin had to drive in silence but it didn't bother him in anyway.

The light made Naeun groan uncomfortably, before she could open her eyes darkness had taken over her. Taemin made sure she got the right amount of sleep so he blocked the light with his hand.

"Get dressed, meet me outside," Taemin said, shutting the door behind him.

She couldn't decide what to wear, since she had brought three swimsuits with her, knowing she was safe around her best friend she decided to wear the two piece for the first time.

"Hey, let's go," she said, tapping his back while clutching tightly onto her cover up.

They made it to the river beside his cottage, a lot of people hadn't come yet because it was early. The people in the cottage community were rather reserved.

Naeun let the cover up slip down, revealing her bathing suit which made Taemin's heart beat like crazy. He was quick to avert his eyes before his thirst grew.

She played with the water before she fully got in. Her hair had been tied into lose bun so wasn't worried about it getting wet.

"I'll be right back," Taemin informed, rushing out of the water which made Naeun furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

The last thing she would have guessed was her best friend had developed feelings for her while he was silently watching over her.

Naeun swam around for a while before she halted and allowed the fishes to swim by her.

A hand slithered around her bare waist, and another clasped her mouth preventing her to scream. Her eyes met those of Jimin's, he stood there and slowly allowed his hand to drop from her mouth but his other hand was wrapped around her waist.

She couldn't get herself to look into his eyes, this bothered him so he placed his hand on her chin and whispered into her ear, "look at me." Chills ran down her spine.

When they locked eyes he inched closer to her, she shut her eyes anticipating that his lips would be on hers instead he came close enough that his forehead was placed on hers, she could hear his heavy breathing clearly and he could hear her heart race which made him smile in amusement.

He knew what effect he had on her and that was enough for his want for her to die down for a few minutes and just cherish the fact that he could embrace her.

All she wanted was to be in his arms for that moment and close her eyes, it seemed right, like she belonged somewhere, that she belonged to him.

When she opened her eyes he was gone.

"Sorry for leaving," Taemin said, whilst entering the water. He placed his hand in her cheek. "Is everything okay? You seem...flustered," he said.

"Hmm." Was all that came out her mouth. "I feel a bit cold I'm going to go out for a while," she said, leaving Taemin behind.

He seemed confused but he wasn't naive, he detected Jimin's scent, that made him clench his teeth.

Naeun dried her semi-wet hair using her cover up and walked into the forest. She wanted to trace Jimin but before she knew it he was standing in front of her, right in front of her, maybe too close to her.

"I knew you'd come looking for me," he said, with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Why are you here?" She asked but he kept quiet and stared at her lips, it seemed very obvious.

It made Naeun take a few steps back but he was quick enough to stop from taking another step by making her freeze on the spot by placing his thumb on her bottom lip, he traced it slowly.

Her mind told her to leave but her wolf told her to stay, but she was confused was it really her wolf that was craving for his presence or her and she just needed someone to blame it on.

He made her feel wanted, like she belonged, even though she knew it wasn't what he was trying to make her feel, she still believed.

I want to know how the book is till now so don't forget to comment.

Smile :)