s i x . f l o w e r s

SIX

THE day of the festival approached. Students were running all over the place trying to set everything.

Naeun walked into the drama room with her hands full. She placed the box full of clothes in a corner and stretched her arms out, she stood on her tip-toe to crack her back but slipped, loosing control over herself.

"You have to be careful there," Jimin spoke out in a husky tone because it had been a while since he conversed with another human.

Her eyes widened in shock as she found the position they were standing in. His hands were wrapped around her waist and one side of her fave was pressed against his chest, enabling her to hear his heartbeat.

"Your hear—" she started by moving away from him but shuts herself quickly before she uttered words carelessly.

Jimin' chuckle echoed through the room. If only she knew the effect she had on him. He stuffed his hands in his pocket and takes steps forward briskly, successfully cornering her near the wall.

Naeun's eyes had shut themselves, she didn't know why she kept getting associated with the brothers. Especially the arrogant one—Jimin.

"You-you can't do anything you please," she said with her eyes shut but she would sense his overpowering presence.

His lips curved into a soft smile as he observed her features. He wanted to kiss her, he slowly approached her, her lips were only a few inches away. But he could feel how frightened she was.

Carefully he moved away, allowing her to breathe. Naeun's face had turned beet root red. The opposite sex was foreign to her, which only made Jimin's chances of gaining her trust slim.

"Naeun! We are in trouble," the director of the play walked in, clutching her head, expressing her stress.

The six brothers walked in, strangely their eyes were only on Naeun, which only made her shift uncomfortably near the stage.

"The main character—the girl, she is sick," the senior continued, chucking a bottle of water. "We need someone—"

"That's right nothing can be done," she answered herself, not allowing anyone to add in suggestions.

"I - I know the lines," Naeun raised her hand, drawing in all of their attention. The senior looked at her as if there was a halo on top of her head.

"We need makeup here." A group of students rushed towards Naeun to help her get into her costume.

She gulped when she stood in between the seven boys who were all weirdly staring at her. They walked towards her, making her squeak in fear.

The boys laughed at her cute behaviour and put their hands together in the middle for a cheer. Naeun peeked to see if she had been attacked but she watched strangely as they welcomed her with warm smiles.

She put her hand on top of theirs, and smiled ear to ear. This was the time she felt like fit in somewhere.
The brothers made her feel alive.

"To Bangtan and Naeun," they screamed to cheer her up. She laughed along with them, unaware of how important she was to them.

The girls screamed welcoming them on stage. The rest of the play went smoothly. When the end had come, they held hands to bow.

Flowers were thrown on the stage. Each brother picked one up, and to end the play when the curtains were being drawn down they faced Naeun and offered her the rose.

When the lights went out, Naeun gasped when she saw all their eyes glow—not in just any colour but red.

They were the Alpha Kings. The rulers of the werewolf world.

•••

I have changed the tense of the book. Sorry if it bothers anyone.