f i f t e e n . b a c k

FIFTEEN

Two years later

The usual routine had begun, the steaming cup of coffee was placed on the wooden table that had a weak leg. Naeun turned towards the mirror and looked at her attire, she bent towards her reflection and sighed deeply.

She packed up her red dress along with the items she had to carry to the hotel where should would stay for a few weeks because of the renovation that was going to take place.

Once a year most of the packs would gather during the night, the number of scents increased year by year in the city. She would go there to escape from the real word but deep down she thought of it as an opportunity to see him just one more time.

"I'm hoping to see you there today darling," her colleague Jisun chirped.

It was the annual meet and was the day their hidden CEO would present himself after all the work that was required to be done. But the event was in the back of her head.

"Get ready soon and meet us, the company car will be waiting," Jisun reminded before returning to her seat. "Ah, and the CEO is young and hot," she winked and returned to staring at her screen.

Naeun decided to attend the event and rush to the bar where the packs this year decided to meet. She dolled up and stepped out to check whether one of her colleague had come to escort her from her hotel room.

She looked both sides and spotted a familiar figure but she couldn't move because of her tight dress. She decided not to overthink and go down herself.

The formal party had begun, Naeun felt conscious about how she would walk down the large number of stairs. She held her dress up just enough so that she could walk. When she missed one of the steps a strong arm wrapped around her waist.

Her eyes met the pair of dark brown eyes she thought she would never see again.

"Jungkook."

"Clumsy as ever I see," he said, controlling the urge to laugh. He helped her regain balance and stretched his arm out, offering Naeun. She held his hand and walked down the stairs. Everyone's attention was on them but she didn't notice.

"Thank you, and..." she hesitated to speak further. "What are you doing here? How are you?" She held the urge to ask the question she was longing to ask.

"I'm good, thanks for asking Ms. Son," he addressed formally making her giggle. He chuckled with his arms behind his back. Something about him had changed and Naeun was quick to notice that. The way he maintained himself had taken a complete turn. His posture and level of maturity had increased, it only confused her further.

"The young, rich CEO, the ideal man," one of Naeun' colleague spoke out, she widened her eyes and observed his attire, the tight suit that hugged him and his hair neatly brushed but making him look as though he didn't care but somehow made him look hot.

"Naeun stop these strange thoughts from entering your head," she scolded herself silently, but Jungkook with his sharpened listening skills smiled widely, understanding what she meant.

Before the event ended Naeun took her leave, Jungkook was busy greeting his colleagues which made it perfect for Naeun.

With the hopeful thought in her head she undressed and wore a short black dress that hugged her figure. Not bothering to tame her hair she caught a taxi and rushed to the bar.

The music had already filled the room, the lights were dim and made it perfect for the party. The number of people seemed to be the same as last year. She scanned the room but didn't spot who she was craving to see. So, she decided to get herself a drink. When she gulped down the shot she shut her eyes tightly because of the burning sensation she still hadn't gotten used to.

"Babygirl," he called out to her.

He was back...and hotter.