t w e n t y t h r e e . b i t e

TWENTY THREE

The rush of adrenaline in Naeun made her surroundings look like they were in motion, cherishing the cold air that came brushed her skin. She rested her back on a tree and panted. Her throat was dry but she wasn't going to go back because of her need to stay out.

The crunching of leaves, made her cautious but she wasn't going to run away. She smiled when his scent entered her. With his speed in no time he stood in front of her, the only light that came was from the moon, it scattered around but was the maximum near the area the two stood.

"Didn't you have to go and meet the pack leaders?" She chewed the inside of her cheek.

He shrugged and snaked his hand around her waist.
"Let's go." He pecked her and leaned his head on her shoulder.

At the entrance of the door stood the six brothers, Jungkook leaned against the door, he was busy watching his nails. Naeun wouldn't have guessed but it was he was being distant.

"Jimin-ah, the crowning needs to happen soon," Taehyung said, holding Jimin's hand, smiling widely. He jumped a little and moved towards Naeun. "Thank you for making our Jiminie a better person." He ruffled Naeun's hair and revealed his box smile.

"Yah, stop saying cheesy things," Jimin said, looking down at the ground. Jimin looked towards Naeun and smiled, trying to ease the pressure that was built up inside her.

She nodded her head and reassured him that she was ready. 'It's cause I love you' she mouthed.

The day had arrived when Naeun would become the Luna. She sat in silence, the pit of her stomach was filled with fear.

Jimin walked in, and scrunched his eyebrows. "Why are you scared, babygirl?" He asked, gathering her hair into a ponytail, he tied it with a purple rubber band.

He slipped his hand on her cheek and caressed it, staring into her eyes. "Everything will be okay, my love," he whispered sweetly.

Different packs took their places in the large area, their chattering silenced when the two walked out of their home, that's when Naeun looked out, her eyes scanned their faces, they glowed, their face radiated warmth.

Naeun shut her eyes, and let the wind make music in her ears. Her heart pounded against her chest. She felt warmth, the one thing she wanted. She realised that she found her family. She opened her eyes and looked at them with a smile on their face.

Her smile widened when she found Jimin standing near the podium, grinning at her.

The beautiful purple dress glowed because of the tons of fairy lights that hung high and low in all the trees.

She stood in front of Jimin. "Everything okay sweetie?" He asked, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too, my love."

A bite started it all.