t w e n t y f o u r . t r u s t

TWENTY FOUR

A bite was going to mark her as Luna.

Jimin pushed her wavy hair back revealing her neck that was bare and didn't have any jewellery. He kissed her and as he was about to pierce his fangs into her skin he falls to the ground.

Taemin snakes his hand around Naeun' neck. "Naeun, listen to me," he said, forcefully pushing her face towards his face. "You're just a pawn. Do you understand that?"

"What? Let go," she said, struggling to escape.

His claws grow out and he watches the seven brothers carefully. He lets out a chuckle. "Back off you idiots. I'm not going to let my best friend be a sacrificial so that you'll be able to die."

Naeun's eyes widen and she stops squirming. She looks at Jimin whose eyes were blood red along with the other six brothers. Different colours of eyes glow in the dark as the lights go off.

"Naeun, look at the moon," Taemin said still keeping an eye on all the wolves as they growl lowly.

The grey moon had turned black, and she remembers how the dark moon was turning into a beautiful purple when Jimin' lips were placed on her neck.

"Jimin, what, is this true?" She questioned, staring it his eyes, hoping he denies it but instead he looks down at the ground. "So everything was a lie, huh?"

"Taemin, take me away from here," she whispered even though it wouldn't have made a difference by speaking out loud.

"Naeun!" Jimin approached the two, fearing she'd leave. "Naeun, please listen to me, you have to come here, next to me. I need to speak to you," he pleaded.

Naeun knew she couldn't just leave. He made her who she is now. She smiled often, her heart pounded in excitement when she was with him. All the days she thought were just ordinary, he made them extraordinary.

"Taemin, let go. I trust him," she said, but he wouldn't budge. "Taemin, let me go."

"I don't want you hurting, this is for your best. Come with me," he said, instead of taking his hand off of her.

"Naeun-ah, trust me, please," Jimin said, reaching his hand out.

She held his hand, Taemin watched the two, and decided to let go.

When the six brothers started walking towards him, Naeun ran towards Taemin and stretched her arms out on both sides and shook her head, signalling them to back off. And they did.

Naeun allowed Jimin to embrace her. She buried her face on his shoulder and allowed the tears to run.

She couldn't let go off Jimin. She loves him. Her alpha. Her mate.

Opinions on the book so far.