t w e n t y n i n e . t w i n k l e

TWENTY NINE

"Pass me those files from the top shelf," Jimin instructed Naeun and stood behind her without her noticing.

She got on her toes and stretched her hands but only the tip of her fingers brushed against the file on the top shelf. Jimin took advantage of the situation and reached to it behind her but was unable to. His face scrunched up as he struggled to reach. Naeun peeked and chuckled.

"Jimin-ah," Taehyung called out. "What the heck did I just see?" He joked covering his eyes.

Jimin cleared his throat in embarrassment and Naeun faced the shelf and bit her lower lip. Taehyung noticed and smiled without both of them noticing.

Taehyung with one hand stuffed in his pocket helped the two get the file and gave it to Naeun. He intensely looked at her but her eyes were on Jimin. Taehyung ran his hand through his hair trying to ignore the twist he felt in his heart.

"Is this why you stood on the chair this morning and placed it—" Before his brother would expose him Jimin quickly led him out of the room.

Naeun giggled picturing Jimin putting the file up there. Both the brothers heard it and silence filled the room because both of them realised how much they missed her.

"You want to go out tonight?" Jinyoung asked, receiving the brown paper bag of food.

"Sure, where do you want to go?" Naeun asked helping him place them beside her.

"Ice skating?" Jinyoung suggested, parking the car so they could eat the food.

"Yessss," Naeun responded clapping her hands.

"You excited to eat?" Jinyoung laughed as he saw her eat her burger. He was content watching her eat. He took a tissue and wiped it off of her cheek. "Cute," he whispered ruffling her hair.

A knock on the window interrupted Naeun from finishing up the rest of her burger.

Jimin glared at the two and motioned Jinyoung to roll down the window. He scoffed but did as Jimin asked because Naeun tapped his armed to do so.

To play it cool Jimin stuffed his hands in his pocket. Clearing his throat he said, "I saw the two of you here and wanted to tell you about the team outing we are going to have tonight in the ice skate park nearby." Of course he heard everything with his super hearing.

Naeun widened her eyes surprised and said, " Well we were just talking about it."

"Yeah," Jinyoung said silently because he wanted to have time alone with Naeun.

"Well , see you there tonight," Jimin said, he leaned forward and pecked Naeun' cheek making Jinyoung clench his fist. "I will pick you up tonight."

"It is okay I will come with Jinyoung," Naeun said, smiling. Jimin was disappointed but didn't want to make a big deal out of it or force her.

Jinyoung had a victory smile painted on his face.

"I don't know how to skate," Naeun said with a worried face. She was afraid to try new things which she didn't know how to do.

"Hey, I will be right beside you," Jinyoung said reassuring her. 

The two wore their skates hand-in-hand.

Jimin had arrived half hour ago and was bored but a little girl held his hand for support, since then he guided her around the rink. He looked at her with twinkling eyes because of how cute she was. When they started to play music the little girl nudged him to skate and sat on a bench. Soft music played and Jimin unintentionally begun to put on a show by skating to the music. In the beginning his moves were light but once he got a whiff of Naeun' scent they became more elegant and powerful. 

Naeun watched how beautifully he danced in the skating rink. It felt familiar. The way he moved. 

Her heart started to race as he moved closer to her. Her surrounding had started to fade and she only saw Jimin and the way his eyes twinkled when he saw her. Just like how hers did when she saw him.

I have been listening to Zombie by Day6 (English ver) on repeat. The lyric of the song hit me hard. Also, have you guys been watching any dramas? If so let me know. 

Stay safe and take care of yourself.