Chapter Six

Noah James

Noah stares after Thea as she leaves with the teacher. He drops his head to the desk, 'Stupid...stupid...stupid...I shouldn't have snapped at her.'  His mind reels all over the place and he barely notices as the bell rings signalling the end of the period.

***

"Noah! Yo, man! What's going on with you today?" Noah lightly shakes his head and playfully glares at Adam, "Nothing, idiot." "Hey! Only I get to call him idiot, although I don't doubt that he deserves it." Noah smiles at the ginger, "Hey, Marci, I haven't seen you in a while." 

Marcella laughs and gestures to Adam, "That would be his fault. You know how he is, he thinks he doesn't have to share me with the rest of the world." 

Adam pouts at his girlfriend and nuzzles his nose to her cheek lovingly, "That's because you're mine, babe. And I'm not being selfish, if that's what you're implying, Noah  would be just like me had he actually had a girlfriend that he really loves." Marcella slaps Adam's chest and gestures to Noah. Adam looks at his friend and notices the sad look hidden deep inside of his eyes. Marcella and Adam share a look and bid farewell to Noah and head off to their lockers.

Noah glances around the hallway and his eyes land on her locker. She isn't there. Noah frowns and turns to his own locker, his mind filled with bad scenarios of where she might be.

The bell rings again and Noah takes his time walking toward his next class, knowing that even if he is late he won't get into trouble. The teachers just simply adore him, even if he doesn't do anything to deserve it.

***

Once again looking around the hall, Noah notices that Thea's still not at her locker. Noah didn't see her in lunch either but assumed that she went to dance again. Mentally scolding himself Noah clears his mind and walks to class. I'm just overreacting, yes that's it.

Unable to stop himself, Noah turns around in the middle of the hall and makes his way to the gymnasium.

He gently nudges the door open. Empty. Strange, where else would she be? Noah quickly scans the whole room and moves to leave again. "Where the hell is she?" his voice echoes in the now empty hall.

Slowly, Noah walks into his History class, nodding his head at Mrs Hughes. She smiles as he passes by her table. Swallowing down his worry, Noah slumps down in his seat. He lowers his head and gently slips into a dreamless slumber.