Chapter Fifteen

Amalthea Galanos (Just after Thea and Elliot bump into each other)

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Why am I so clumsy these days?! "Thea! Will you listen to me?!" Thea's eyes snap to Fallon's face, "Huh?" "That's what I'm talking about. You haven't listened to a word I've said." Fallon's face falls into a frown. Thea's eyes soften, "I'm sorry, Fal. I've just been thinking about a few things." Fallon raises a questioning eyebrow. Thea sighs and goes on to tell Fallon about how she bumped into Noah and made them both fall to the ground.

Fallon suddenly starts coughing and gasping for air after Thea finishes. "Fal? Oh my God, are you okay?" Fallon starts laughing and Thea's cheeks burn a bright hot red after the realization of what's happening dawned on her. "It's not funny, Fallon!" "You're right, it's not funny, it's hilarious." Fallon's laughter flows through the emptying hallway and Thea nervously looks down the hall, "Sh, Fallon. People are staring." Fallon just laughs harder and Thea slaps her hand over her friend's mouth to shut her up.

Thea yanks her hand away in disgust and wipes the saliva on her dress, "D- Did you seriously just lick me?!" Fallon laughs and wiggles her eyebrows, "Maybe." "Oh my God! Ew, Fallon!" Fallon throws her arms around Thea's shoulders and mock kisses her cheek in a chaste kiss, "Aw, you know you love me." Thea laughs and playfully pushes her friend away, "Yeah-yeah, now get off, we're gonna be late." Fallon laughs again and waves goodbye as she makes her way towards her own locker, "See yah at lunch, Thea." "Bye weirdo."

***

"Miss Galanos, will you please take these to the principal's office?" Thea nods her head and retrieves the stack of papers from the teacher. "Take you bag with, the bell will ring before you come back."

Thea slips on her bag and walks toward the principal's office with the stack of papers tucked under her arms.

***

Thea walks out onto the roof and breathes a deep breath of fresh air. In through the nose. Out through the mouth. She repeats this a few times and leans against the wall on the far side of the roof. She gently leans her head against the wall and closes her eyes.

Not long after though the door slams open and a figure emerges from the dark. Noah? "Fuckmylife!" "Hey, relax. The point of coming up here is for peace and quiet, not yelling and cussing." Noah's head snaps toward the familiar mop of dark hair, "Amalthea?" "Thea. Just Thea." Noah quickly recovers from his shock and stupidly blinks at Amalthea. "Wha-, huh? Why? You? Here?" Amalthea quietly giggles and smiles at Noah, "Everyone needs to breakaway once in a while. This just happens to be one of my favorite places to breathe. What about you? Why are you up here at this fine hour?" "It's a long story..." "I've got time." Thea shrugs her shoulders. Noah's mouth gapes open for a second then he moves to sit on the far side of the roof. "Hey, chill. I don't bite. You can sit next to me." Noah blinks and slowly walks towards her. He slowly slides down against the wall and leans his head against the wall, while staring at Thea's waiting face. "Yes, Mr. James?" Noah rolls his eyes and Thea braces herself for the so called 'long story'. "I got kicked out of class for yelling at someone." Thea raises her eyebrows and looks at Noah's face, "Seriously? That's it? I thought you like threw the teacher with something or punched someone in the face." Noah's face contorts into confusion, "What?" Thea bursts out laughing and tears start streaming down her cheeks. Noah blinks in confusion, "I don't understand what's happening right now." Thea starts gasping for air and falls down on her side. Noah's eyes nearly pop out of his head as he stares at the hysterical female rolling around on the floor. "Thea? Oh my soul, are you okay?" Thea wipes the tears and her obnoxious laughter turns into cute little giggles. Noah now only rolls his eyes and quietly groans in annoyance, "Oh come on, Thea. It's not that funny." Thea covers her mouth and giggles past her hand, "Sorry. Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. I'll st-stop." Not. Laughter bubbles out of her chest and Noah rolls his eyes and moves to get up again. Thea grabs his arm and pulls him down again, "No, wait. I'm sorry. I promise I'll stop. I'm really sorry. I don't know what got into me." Noah rolls his eyes and blows an annoyed breath through his nose, "Yeah, whatever. What are you doing up here anyway?" Thea's laughter dies down completely but her smile never leaves her lips, "I have a free period now." "And you didn't want to dance?" Thea's eyebrows shoot up, "What?" Noah's eyes widen and he starts to sputter out multiple apologies, "Uh...Um...You didn't want to dance in your free period? I mean, 'cuz everyone knows how much you love dancing, I just assumed that you would rather be dancing than sitting on a roof." Thea repeatedly blinks and then recovers, "Right, sorry. Yeah, um, the gym's being used at the moment." "Oh."

The bell rings and Thea nearly jumps into the air and Noah quietly chuckles, "I h-have to go." "Right. I'll see yah around." Noah brushes off his pants and pushes his hand out toward Thea. She gently slips her hand into his and he pulls her off of the ground. Their hands linger for a few moments longer but neither of them pull away. "So, bye." "Bye." They still don't let go.

"Ms. Galanos! Mr. James! What on Earth are you doing up here?!" Thea and Noah leap apart and face Mr. Jefferson's fuming face. "Mr. Jefferson I can exp-" "Quiet Ms. Galanos. Mr. James, you're excused." "But sir-" "Ms. Galanos!" "Yes sir." Thea's head lowers and Noah makes his way towards the stairway doors. "Bye, Thea."

"Want to explain why you were up here and not in class, Ms. Galanos?" "I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again. I promise." "Oh, I know it won't happen again. I'll see you in detention this afternoon." "But, sir. I can-" "But nothing, Ms. Galanos. Now, get to class!" Thea lowers her head in defeat, "Yes, sir..."