Chapter Fifty-Five

Amalthea Galanos

Thea's smile doesn't quite reach her eyes as she watches her sister do her hair. Thalia's eyes sparkle and smile at her through the mirror as she fiddles with the comb in Thea's hair. The mid-back locks hang in ringlets across her back, shoulders, and collarbones. 

"He'll be there, Thea. Don't worry about it. He didn't skip last night because of you, Jess said he didn't feel well and wanted to be able to come tonight." Thea returns her sister's smile this time, "Thanks, Thals."

Thea's eyes scan across her sister's beautiful dress. Tears well up and she quickly blinks them into oblivion, without Thalia noticing. "You look gorgeous, Thals. Dad would be so proud." Thalia smiles and shakes her head, "I'm a dull little rose compared to you, luna rosa.

"Was that Italian?" Thalia nods her head and continues adjusting the updo on Thea's head. "What does it mean?" Thalia smiles a bittersweet smile, "Papa used to call you that. It means, shining rose." "I don't remember him calling me that... actually I don't really remember him." 

"He's a kind and gentle man when it comes to his familia, but never- ever- insult Nonna Rosa." Thea laughs and watches in amazement as her sister finishes the elegant updo. She adds one last touch and pats her sister on the head, "There, all done." 

Thea's astonishment is evident as she gazes at the stranger in the mirror, "Thank you so much Thals, it looks amazing." 

***

"Thea,  Thals! Vick's here." 

Thea exits her bedroom door and walks down the stairs. Vick greets her with a  friendly peck on the cheek and compliments her on her dress. She smiles and thanks him but quickly notices when he completely loses his focus. 

His mouth gapes open and he stares dumbstruck as Thalia makes her graceful entrance. His gaze wanders up and down her tall form and he takes a very audible gulp, "Thalia... you... you look... incredible." Thalia smiles a heart-stopping smile and grazes a kiss across his cheek in greeting, "You don't look too bad yourself, Vick." 

Ryan greets both his sisters and bids them a wonderful night, while Vick leads them to the stark white limousine.  

[Thalia's Dress]

[Thalia's Dress]

[Thea's dress]