Chapter Fifty-Seven

Amalthea Galanos

"Won't you stay with us tonight, Thea?" Jessica smiles and slightly tilts forward. Her eyes are struggling to remain open and Thea feels great sympathy for the woman. Victor hadn't even stayed ten minutes after the ceremony ended. Vick had opened the dance floor with his new (now legal) mother, with a few wondering murmurs from the guests. 

Thalia and Tyson quickly followed to make the dance much less awkward and Tyson being the gentleman that he is, gently cut into the dance and lead Jess into the rest of the gracious waltz. 

"I don't know if I can..." 

"Please?" Thea's eyes turn to Noah and she takes in his state of utter exhaustion, "Okay." 

Jessica attempts at jumping for joy but loses her footing and Vick has to help her stabilize, "Let's get you to bed." She groans and lifts a shaky hand to her head, "Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Don't want to do anything stupid on my wedding night, which I will be spending alone... splendid. Goodnight everyone,  I hope you all enjoyed your evenings."

Thea hugs her goodnight and wishes her sister and Vick a goodnight before following Noah's retreating form. His feels are silent on the thick carpet and she wonders for a moment if he struggles through the heavy thread. She silently watches as he wheels the chair onto a platform located directly next to the first step. Silently she walks next to it while it slowly carries Noah's wheelchair upstairs. Not a single word is uttered until Thea closes Noah's bedroom door behind them.

"Thank you." Thea turns to him in surprise, "For what?" "For staying with me no matter how horrible I've been treating you, " he lifts his hand to silence her protests, "No, you didn't deserve it. I'm sorry, truly I am."

Thea wipes the stray tear from her cheek and strides towards his hunched form. As her arms wrap around his head and he encases her body in his muscled arms. "I'll always be here for you, Noah." 

Thea gently helps Noah out of his wheelchair and into bed and settles herself in next to him. He eases his arm around her stomach and gently drags her closer to him until her head lay resting on his chest. Her eyes drift shut to the gentle rising and falling of his chest. 

Jess Wedding dress

Jess Wedding dress