Chapter Forty

Amalthea Galanos

Thea gently raps her knuckles against the guest bedroom door. "Come in." Thea gently pushes the door open and searches for Thalia. She finds her in the corner by the window with a cup of tea in her hand. Thea stupidly blinks her sister and Thalia outright laughs, "Not used to people drinking tea, aye?" Thea shakes her head and gently sits down across from her sister. "I need to ask a favor..." Thalia places her cup down onto a saucer that Thea hadn't noticed before, "Yes?"

Thea swallows her nerves, "Will you take me to Noah's house?" "Sure." "I know you're already in your pajamas and- wait what?"  Thalia cocks a single eyebrow, "I said sure. When do you want to leave?" Thea gapes at her sister for a moment then composes herself, "Now would be great." Thalia looks her sister up and down and grimaces, "You're going like that?" 

Thea selfconsciously looks down at her comfortable outfit. "What's wrong with sweats and a t-shirt?" Thalia grimaces and swiftly lifts out of the chair. She walks over to the closet near the door and pulls her suitcase out. 

The revelation that her sister still gets dressed out of her suitcase makes Thea swallows an unexpected lump lodged in her throat, "When are you going back?" Thalia stops her searching for a second then quickly resumes, "I'm staying until Noah... well, until you don't need me anymore. And maybe you'll want a change of scenery for a bit, I was hoping maybe you'd want to come with me for your summer vacation. You'd like England." Thea smiles at the thought and settles herself on Thalia's bed, "I think that's a good idea. What in this world are you looking for?" Thalia grips something in her hand and smiles at Thea in triumph, "This will be perfect."

 In her hands are a black mini-skirt and a cream cloured blouse. Thea's eyes widen, "Thalia, no-" "Bullocks, you'll look bloody brilliant." Thea blinks in surprise at her sister's burst of strange words, "Huh?" Thalia waves her off and continues on her rampage around the room. 

She drops down on her knees, "Ha! Found it." She reaches under the bed and comes up with a pair of black strappy heels. She thrusts the clothes and shoes into her sister's hands and pushes her toward the guest bathroom, "Hurry." 

Thea practically throws the clothes on and tries to fluff her hair a bit. She opens the bathroom door and Thalia drags her toward the vanity. She applies light mascara and fills in her eyebrows. She finishes it off with a thick layer of clear lipgloss. Thea turns to look at herself in the mirror and is surprised how different she looks, "Thanks, Thals. What would I do without you?" Thalia laughs and fluffs her hair a bit more, "You'd be a bad-dressed mess." Both girls laugh and together sneak to Thalia's car in the driveway.