Chapter Nine

^Lily^

Amalthea Galanos

Thea moans in delight as the most amazing taste graces her taste buds. "Oh my word, this is sooo good." She closes her eyes in what she calls a foodgasm as she takes another bite of the Honey Chicken. "How is it that you make such a plain dish so delicious?" Dagon's cheeks flare into a red hue and he looks down at his plate, "It's not that good." "Are you kidding? It's freaking amazing. It's like the best food I've ever had. Besides,I rarely get home cooked meals so that's just another bonus." Thea quickly slaps her hand over her mouth, internally scolding herself for letting too much information slip. Dagon raises a questioning eyebrow but Thea's phone rings before he can voice his curiosity. She quickly scrambles to answer her phone and glances at the caller ID.

"Mom?"

"Amalthea, darling. I'm so sorry but I'm gonna be stuck at work until late so I'm gonna stay in a hotel nearby. I'm really sorry for the short notice, honey, but can you please make arrangements to stay somewhere else tonight. Both of your brothers are staying at a friend's place."

Amalthea quietly sighs and answers in a dejected tone, "That's fine, Mom. I'll make some arrangements. I love you, Mom, stay safe."

"I'll see you tomorrow. Don't disgrace the family name, bye."

"Bye, Mom."

"Problems?" Dagon's voice snaps Thea out of her sad thoughts and she quickly paints her face with a fake smile, "It's fine. Nothing I'm not used to. I should get going, I have to make some arrangements for tonight. Thank you so much for," she glances down at her wrist watch, "lunch. The food was incredible."

She starts walking towards the door even before Dagon can say anything and slips on her jacket. "Wait, you surely don't have to leave yet? Do you?" He reaches out and gently grasps Thea's arm. "What arrangements do you have to make?"

Thea chews on her bottom lip for a second then slips out of her jacket again. "I have to find somewhere to stay for tonight." With a deep sigh she walks past Dagon and into the kitchen again. "Why? Has something happened?"

He slides back into his seat after pushing Thea's chair back in. "Nothing like that. My mom just can't make it back tonight and neither of my brothers are home so color me homeless I guess." She lightly laughs and earns a relieved sigh from Dagon, "That's good to hear. Uh, I mean, that nothing's wrong, not that you're homeless tonight. Sorry I didn't me-"

"Dagon, calm down. You're rambling and I didn't take it bad," She laughs a bit to ease away some of the tension, "You don't have to walk on eggshells around me. I'm actually a pretty relaxed person." He visibly relaxes and inhales a calming breath, "Thank goodness. Some people would have been pretty offended." Thea smiles, "Did you mean to offend me?" 

"No." "Then I have no reason to feel offended." Dagon laughs incredulously and broadly smiles at Thea, "You really are something else, aren't you?" Thea nervously tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and shyly smiles at him. "So what are you gonna do?" Thea nervously chews on her bottom lip, "I don't know. I guess I could ask Fal, if I can stay here..." 

Thea loudly groans and drops her head onto the table, "I can't do that, you guys are staying here, that's not fair to you guys." "Thea, there's enough space. You're more than welcome to stay. And I'm sure Lily will be ecstatic to see you stay." 

At the mention of her name the little bundle of fur tumbles into the room. Both Dagon and Thea laugh at her clumsiness. "Alright, I guess. Thank you so much for this. I'll even sleep on the couch if I have to." Dagon waves off her appreciation, "Don't mention it. Would you like to change into more comfortable clothes and then watch a movie or something?" 

Thea smiles and eagerly replies, "That sounds perfect. I'll just quickly grab something comfortable from Fal's closet." Dagon smiles and nods his head, "I'll go make snacks." Thea nods her head and he quickly excuses himself to the kitchen and she makes the quick trip to Fallon's bedroom.

Walking into the living room Thea suddenly notices that the sky is way too dark for 13:30. She glances out of the window and sure enough thick, dark storm clouds hung low in the air. A storm was sure to come later.

Finally noticing Dagon lounging in sweatpants and a T-shirt, patiently waiting for her, she makes her way over to the couch. "Are you gonna sit down or are you just going to stand and stare at me?" he playfully teases. Thea blushes and sits down on the other end of the couch. "Come on, you can throw your legs over my lap, get comfy." She hesitantly places her legs over his lap and comfortably lays down. "There, now isn't that better. And by the way, I picked 'The Proposal', I hope you don't mind." Thea gleefully laughs and shakes her head, "I love The Proposal." Dagon's face stretches with a wide smile, "Great. Now, are you ready?" she nods and he starts the movie.