Chapter Seven

Amalthea Galanos

Thea sits staring at the rival quarterback. The initial shock of him being Fallon's cousin still not completely worn off. "It's rude to stare." Thea quickly snaps her gaze to the road in front of her, embarrassment washing over her face in a red glow. "Dragon-" "It's actually Dagon." "Your name's not Dragon?" Dagon smiles at the flustered girl, "Nope." "I'm confused, why does everyone call you Dragon?" "Cuz I'm a beast on the field." Dagon lightly laughs at her strange facial expression. "Come on, it's not that strange. You really thought my name was Dragon?" Thea's blush creeps onto her cheeks and she shyly peeks at the gorgeous specimen next to her. Finally really looking at Dagon she notices that he is a very attractive guy. From the tips of his dark locks to the tiny golden specs in his blue eyes. The light stubble running along his jaw gives him a dangerous and rugged feel. To state it plainly, he was incredibly sexy.

Thea clears her throat to clear her mind of such thoughts. He's your best friend's cousin, stop it.

"Thea!" Jumping in her seat, Thea looks at Dagon, "Sorry?" He sighs loudly and roughly drags his fingers through his hair. "You never pay attention, do you?" "I'm sorry," She looks down at her lap in embarrassment, "I don't know why I keep zoning out."

Dagon sighs again and gently lifts Thea's chin, "No need to say sorry. I know it feels a bit odd to have a virtual stranger pick you up to take you to his house." Thea stares at him for a moment before cocking her head to the side, "What do you mean, your house? You're taking me home, aren't you?" Dagon raises his eyebrow and Thea face palms and quickly adds, "Fallon told you to take me to her house, didn't she?" Dagon smiles at Thea and she grumbles under her breath about killing Fallon later.

After reaching the house, Dagon pulls himself out of his large jeep and walks around to Thea's glaring face, "Are you coming princess?" She huffs and uncrosses her arms to take one of his. He gently helps her out of the car, "No use in being in a foul mood, she's not gonna be home for a while." "Come on then, I'm sure you'll like my sister." He starts walking toward the house, "Unless you want to stay in my car the rest of the day?" Thea quickly runs to catch up to him and Dagon slightly smirks, "I didn't think so."

Both quietly walk into the massive house and Thea immediately notices the two large suitcases situated at the door. Fallon's two beautiful cats lay snoozing in the sun but as they enter the house, Vivian lifts her head and slightly glares at Thea. Taken aback by the feline's blatant hatred for her, Thea quickens her pace a little and unconsciously walks slightly closer to Dagon.

He leads her through the hall and toward kitchen. He pushes the door open and gestures for Thea to step in before him. She does so but quickly jumps back in surprise as a little, bundle of black fur bounces to her feet. A cute little black teacup yolky licks at her exposed toes excitedly and runs in between her legs barking the cutest little bark she has ever heard. "Lily! That's enough. At least let us come in first." Dagon says in mock sternness but the smile that graces his lips as Thea bends down and picks up his little joy doesn't falter for a second. Thea runs her fingers through the tiny bundle of energy's fur and coos at the brown eyes staring up at her in curiosity, "Don't you listen to him you little cutie, your daddy doesn't know how to act when someone new meets you." The yolky barks in what seems to be agreement and Thea gushes again, "Aw, aren't you just the cutest little thing. Yes you are, yes you are."

She gently places the small dog on the floor and rises to her full length again, "She's so cute. How old is she now?" Dagon clears his throat and walks past Thea and into the kitchen. "She's about two years old now, although my sister only recently got her." Thea hums in response and unconsciously stares at Dagon's backside as he walks past. 

"Earth to Thea. Hello?" Thea shakes her head and her gaze focuses on Dagon putting on an apron. "What?" Dagon chuckles under his breath, "I asked what you wanted for lunch?" Thea looks down at the watch on her arm and then faces him again, "Technically it would be brunch. But I mean anything's fine." Dagon stares at Thea for a moment then straight out laughs at her oddness. "You really are something else, aren't you?" She lightly giggles as well and watches as Dagon starts collecting ingredients from all around the kitchen, preparing to make her his most favored dish in the world.