three - hey there

Have you ever noticed that once you actually take the time to look at a person and observe them, you start seeing them everywhere?

I didn't even know he went to our school. All of a sudden I saw him so many times on my way to class, I saw him in the fine arts department, and i saw him when I had parked my car in the morning.

I never talked to him though. I never tried to approach him. Because I don't really know him, you know, I just know who he is.

I went like, a whole week or something without talking to him and just blatantly noticing him until today.

It was afterschool, I was working on my new song to write for my college application. I grabbed my stuff and was heading towards the piano room.

Now, all the piano room really is is a small practice room with a piano in it. But no one really uses it, because teachers are always afraid someone's gonna break the piano.

I threw the door wide open to the piano room and dropped my bag, only to be suddenly stopped - by him.

He was sitting there. At the piano.

"I'm sorry, I-, I didn't know anyone else used this room besides me." I started choking on my words from embarrassment.

Younghyun laughed. "Well it is available to all students in a music program at school."

"And which program are you in, exactly?" I really wanted to know.

"Oh, well I'm in guitar, but hearing chords on the piano has more clarity, don't you think?"

"Yeah, of course." I nodded and agreed.

He didn't know who I was. But I knew him. I could say anything about last week. But should I?

I should. "Hey, I recognize you from that Asian restaurant."

He got kinda nervous. "Really?"

"Yeah, I went there last week with my friend. You played a song. Everyone loved it."

He got kinda shy now and blushed a little. "Ah, well, my mother thinks it's a good idea for me to perform my songs that I write. She's been having me perform at the restaurant since I was small."

I smiled at him. "That's really cool."

Wow, he has nice hair.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you working on?" I started to walk closer to the piano.

He got shy again. "This is another song I've been working on. It's just for a college app. Actually, if you're here, you seem like a knowledgeable musician, can I get your opinion?"

"Of course!" College app? Did he say college app?

He was about to play until he stopped himself. "I actually don't really know how to play piano, I only know enough to be able to play chords," he said shyly.

He started to press keys on the piano. After about four chords, he started to sing.

The one thing I could bet my life on: he has one of the most beautiful voices in the world. I felt myself melting at the sound of it.

Stop it Y/N, you're supposed to be paying attention to the song.

I payed attention to the actual music rather than the lyrics. It was a major key with lots of style. It sounded really nice.

"It's still in the works. So far I only have the root and the melody. I really want to add more in the middle."

He fiddled with his hands below the piano. "So whaddya think?" He asked with the biggest smile on his face.

"Honestly?" I looked at him. "That was amazing."

His smile now became a look of relief. "Oh, thank God. Now I know my application to Juilliard won't be that bad."

WAIT WHAT? EXCUSE ME? JUILLIARD? APPLICATION? WHAT?

I held back all possible comments and questions and any possible thing I could say about what I just heard.

"Your song sounds great." My smile was starting to become forced.

"Thanks a lot for your opinion. It really helps."

"Of course!" My mind was racing. "I'm Y/N by the way, I just realized I didn't properly introduce myself." I held out my hand.

He grabbed it and we shook hands. "I'm Younghyun. My friends call me Young K."

"Hm, well, Young K, I guess if you're gonna be using the piano room I might as well see my way out.."

He stopped me before I could leave. "You know, you could give me your number, and I could text you and let you know when I'm not using the room. And you'll know when you could have it all to yourself."

Wait.

Did he really just do that?

Did he really just ask for my number?

"And you know, maybe you could help me out with piano one of these days, or something."

I turned back to look at him. He had a little smile on his face, and his eyes were bright. Damn, why does he have to be so cute?

I smiled. "Sure, why not?"

He almost had a look of accomplishment on his face as he handed me his phone to put my number in. I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

"Well then, Y/N, I guess I'll see you later."

What have I done. "I'll see you around Young K." I walked out the practice room and closed the door.

And then I ran.
_________________________
A/N: wOW look at me, I posted two chapters in a day.
and really, thanks to like the five people reading my story right now. means a lot.
Also can you believe my story is #16 in the 'yoondowoon' tag?! wow milestones
hope you guys are liking the story so far
ch. 4 soon!