the cat and the ball

10K Special :))
The idea for this special was given to me by weirdbunnyxx , so please enjoy!
_________________________
10 years before

Dowoon's POV

Dad had just put in the new basketball net in our driveway. I wanted to be able to play basketball good enough so that way my older cousin will let me play with him and his friends. So I asked Mom and Dad if I could have a net.

"There Dowoon, now you can play as much as you please," Dad said, climbing down the ladder from the top of the garage.

I stood in front of the net with my ball. It was...tall.

I held my basketball in my hands and jumped. I let go of the ball, leaving it flying in the air.

I looked up in hope that it would fall into the net.

Instead it hit the garage door and bounced back towards the road.

Oh no. Towards the road. There's cars and stuff. Oh no. I need to get my ball back.

I ran to the end of my driveway. I looked both ways, just like I was taught, and then ran across the street. My ball had landed at one of these houses somewhere.

I walked around, looking everywhere for the ball. But the dumb brown color of it blended with the surroundings. Dumb ball.

But there it was. It was in the front lawn of a house with white walls and a small porch, with stairs that led to the front door.

"No, NO! It's a higher pitch than that Quinn!" I heard a loud voice yell close to me. The loud voice had scared me, but I wanted to see where it was coming from. I grabbed my ball in the very front and followed the noise.

The sound led me to the side of the house, where there was a girl my age, sitting on the ground. But it sounded like she was talking to someone, but there was no one there.

I walked closer, quietly, still holding my basketball. I saw a big, fluffy white cat with black ears and legs and tail. It was a pretty cat.

"Try again Quinn. See if you could do it this time." The girl grabbed a cat treat from her pocket and held it above the cat's head. The car looked up above at her hand that had the treat, and meowed.

"That's it Quinn! Good kitty!" The girl gave the cat the treat and pet its head.

Hm. I wanna pet the kitty.

I walked closer to the cat with my ball. The girl heard and saw me coming towards her and looked at me, scared.

"Who are you?" She said softly.

"I'm Dowoon. I live across the street. Can I pet your cat?"

"His name is Quinn," she said with an attitude.

"Can I pet Quinn?" I asked.

"Why are you here?" she asked back.

"My basketball fell in your front yard." I showed her my ball. "Can I pet Quinn now?"

She looked at me, still scared. "I guess," she said. "But don't ask to pet him again." She moved out of the way so I could pet Quinn.

I touched the top of Quinn's head. It was very soft, and he liked it very much. He started purring and rubbing against my hand.

I smiled. "Quinn likes me."

"No he doesn't." The girl said abruptly. "He just likes being pet."