twenty five - party time

Y/N's POV

It's November 20th. I was invited to a good-friend-of-mine-from-band's birthday party, and I actually decided to go.

I know, I know, I've said that Dowoon is my only friend, but he's the only one I trust. Everyone else is more, like, an acquaintance.

I told Younghyun I was gonna be going out, and he told me to be safe and have fun. Dowoon was going to be at the party. A majority of people from band were gonna be there.

I put on a casual outfit and makeup and got into my car. Phone? Check. Keys? Check. Birthday card with gift card inside? Check.

I pulled out of my driveway and drove on to my friend Jewel's house. I looked out to see the November sky already turning into multiple shades of purple and pink, even though it was barely 5:45.

I called Dowoon when I was halfway there.

"What's up?" He answered.

"Are you at Jewel's party yet?" I asked. I didn't want to not have anyone there to be with.

"I'm like five minutes away. Why? Are you there already?"

"No I'm like ten minutes away. I'll be right there." I hung up.

I pulled up to Jewel's house and I saw Dowoon's car out by the curb. I parked right next to him, and grabbed my phone, keys, and the card.

I looked at the passenger seat, where I had Younghyun's leather jacket sitting. I meant to give it back to him, but I never got around to it.

Should I take it?

No, probably not.

I stepped out of my car and locked it, walking to the entrance of Jewel's house. The gate to the backyard was ajar, and music could be heard playing in the back. I let myself in the back and immediately started looking for Dowoon.

Jewel's back porch was decorated with streamers and a small birthday banner. There were tables with snacks and drinks, and other tables for everyone else to sit.

I scanned quickly and saw Dowoon sitting at a table with Hajoon, another percussionist from band.

Before walking over to sit with them, I found the table where all the presents were and dropped off the envelope holding the car. I turned around and saw Jewel standing behind me.

"Y/N!" She said. "I'm so glad you could make it! Thank you so much for coming."

I smiled at her. "Thanks for the invite." I gave her a quick hug and went to go sit with Dowoon and Hajoon.

I pulled up a chair next to Dowoon and sat down. "What's up guys?"

"Hey Y/N," Hajoon greeted me.

"You'll never guess what I was just telling Hajoon," Dowoon said.

"You're right," I said. "I'll never guess. So just tell me."

"Young K hasn't told you? We're gonna make a band."

I shook my head. "No, he hasn't told me anything. When did this happen?" I asked.