thirty five - stuck

Wonpil's POV

Y/N had been coming to the piano studio everyday during the break, and I would come everyday to visit her.

I know she's trying not to show it, but she's hurting. I can hear it in her fingers, when she plays. And the few times I talk to her, her eyes always have a shine, like she's about to cry, especially whenever I bring up the band.

Whenever I come, I sit outside her practice room, listening to her play for a bit, before I walk in and say hi.

Every note she played struck a sad chord in my heart. It almost made me feel the same hurt she's feeling.

If I'm going to admit it, I was, well, worried for her. I was afraid she was overworking herself, because she would stay at the studio for hours at a time working on this piece.

Today was no different than these part few days. It was Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, and here Y/N was at the studio. We actually decided not to have band practice today because of the holiday, but I guess there's the few of us who don't like to take a break.

I sat down on the floor next to her practice room, and checked my phone. It was almost half an hour since I arrived. I stood up from the ground, and entered the room.

Y/N stopped once she saw me. "Wonpil! You're here. I thought you know, had your Thanksgiving dinner to go to or whatever."

I chuckled. "Well, it's only noon, so I don't think that's exactly dinner time. And I could be telling you the same thing, it's a holiday. Why aren't you with your family?"

She looked down at the piano. "This is more important to me at the moment. I have this Wonpil. And I'm almost done with it."

I looked at her questioningly, and she responded with an annoyed face.

"I've spent all break writing this song that I'm almost done with. I have it in my mind now how to finish it, and I'm not gonna way anytime not working on this." She turned back to her laptop sitting on the piano and examined the rest of her written music.

My phone buzzed in my front pocket. I checked to see I had a text.

"Hm, well, I have to go now. Don't overwork yourself Y/N. I'm serious."

She scoffed at my remark. "See you later, Wonpil."

"Bye, Y/N," I said and I walked out of her practice room.

I grabbed my phone again to read the text message. Young K.

"how is she?"

Sigh.

No one had known that I was visiting Y/N. I knew it would probably spark up controversy amongst the band if they found out. But, Young K found out. How he did is beyond me. But instead of getting upset, all he told me was to make sure she's okay.

"i can tell you with 100% positivity she's thinking about you just as much as you think about her."

"What? How do you know??"

"im sure Y/N wouldn't want me to tell you that. and i won't."
"but if it's anything more, i can tell that she misses you with her whole heart."

Young K left me on read. I looked inside of Y/N's practice room one last time and left the studio.
- - -
Younghyun's POV

"but if it's anything more, i can tell that she misses you with her whole heart."

I turned off my phone and went back to my guitar. I've never had a break-up before. Are you supposed to miss someone this much? Even after they hurt you?

I strummed my fingers on the strings, playing the sad chords I had written.

"I don't want you to hurt but can't help it"

I wrote down the lyrics in my music journal above the sheet music I had of the new song I wrote. I had finished all the music, and now I was just finalizing the lyrics.

There was a knock at my door. I closed my journal. "Come in."

The door opened slightly and Soojin poked her head through the slight opening.

"Cousin, are you gonna be stuck in here all day? Come help make dinner!" She now entered my room completely.

"Soojin, I don't want toooo," I moaned.

"Well, you've done nothing but play with your band all week, I think you could suffice to help do some cooking for the holiday." She lifted my guitar out of my lap and set in on my empty stand. "Come on, I'm not getting out of your room until you do."

"I guess you're never getting out," I said, wrapping myself in my blanket and rolling myself to the other side of my bed.

She came over to where I was and pulled my arms. "Stop being so sad!" Surprisingly, with her delicate figure, she was able to pull me out of bed. "Food will make you feel better, c'mon."

I stood up and walked out with her to the kitchen of my house, where all my relatives were making food, laughing and talking. It seemed so, nostalgic, all of my family enjoying each other's company.

I almost forgot about Y/N.

But I managed to get through the cooking, and through dinner, hiding my pain.

I just wish I could forget it all.
__________________________
A/N: this chapter kinda short sorry :/
but hey, tysm for 3K reads. I don't deserve this. you guys are the best.
ch. 36 soon!!