ten - pretty whipped

Younghyun's POV

I really like her.

I can't explain it. I've never met anyone like her before.

But she's special. She makes me feel good. She makes me feel like nothing's wrong, and like nothing will ever be wrong.

I was sitting in my room, laying in bed, with my guitar in my hand, and my songbook and pen at the end of my bed.

I was trying to write lyrics for my song but all I could think about was Y/N.

My phone went off. I hoped it was Y/N calling, but it was Sungjin, one of my best friends since childhood, and we were both in guitar class together.

"Hey man, what's up?" I answered.

"Nothing really, I just wanted to see if you're busy Friday. My friend's throwing a party and I wanted to see if you could go."

"Aw sorry man, I actually have plans on Friday."

"Really? All you ever do is sit around with your guitar. What could you possibly have going on on a Friday night?"

I laughed. "Well, actually, I have a date."

Sungjin scoffed. "You're kidding."

"No dude, I really do. With this girl from school. We're gonna get ice cream and then I'm gonna take her to the top of town hall, at night, so all the city lights will be on."

"Wow, you're quite the man, Young K."

There was a bit of silence until Sungjin spoke again.

"What's her name?"

"Y/N."

"How'd you meet her?"

"She kinda interrupted me while I was working on a song. But I mean, I'm cool with it, because now I'm over here about to take her out this Friday. I guess I'm doing something right for her to agree to go out with me."

"That's really cool dude, just don't lose your focus. All everyone in guitar has been talking about is how you have a chance of getting into Juilliard."

"Actually, she helps me focus. She's kinda helped me write my latest song for my application."

"Wow, you really found yourself a muse, haven't you?"

"She's more than that Sungjin. I feel something different with her."

"Alright, love bird, I'll let you go now. Keep working, and don't let anything get in your way."

"Thanks man, Bye." I hung up my phone and sat in my bed thinking.

I was hit with a creative rush. I grabbed my songbook and pen and started writing.

your laughter plays like a melody in my head
call me crazy, or a little bit obsessed,
but I've never had a feeling as strong as such
I guess you can say, I'm just a little bit in love

I sighed re-reading my lyrics. It was about Y/N. I couldn't even help it, writing my song about her.

My mother burst into my room. "Younghyun! Are you busy?"

"No omma, what is it?"

"I just wanted to see if you could play another song at the restaurant right now."

"Well I haven't really finished this one I'm working on yet."

"Then you could just play another song. People there really like you, and you bring in more customers."

"Okay, I'll get my stuff right now," I said, packing up my guitar.

"And it'd be nice of you to bring your little friend home one of these days," she smirked at me.

"Omma, how-"

"You talk loud on the phone with Sungjin," she said, as she left as quickly as she entered.
- - -
I was at the restaurant. I didn't have much time to decide what to sing, so I thought of the first two songs that came to my head.

I decided to play Sorry and She's in the Rain, by The Rose. They're both kinda sad songs, but they sound beautiful.

And also, I've seen Y/N listen to both of those songs before, so I learned them, because I know she likes them.

There you go Younghyun, thinking about Y/N for the millionth time today.

I sat on my stool with my guitar. Quick tune, and then I started playing.

It was like it always was. People never noticed me until they heard me sing.

I didn't like to look at everyone while played. My eyes were almost closed the whole time, and I sang with so much raw emotion.

Even though all I've felt lately is happiness, the lyrics still manage to hit me like a bullet in the chest.

I finished the first song and opened my eyes. People were cheering, and I just smiled. This was a feeling I wouldn't trade for anything.

I was about to start singing the next song when I looked towards the front of the store. There was that guy, that guy that Y/N was with on the bench. He looked at me, almost as if he was trying to judge me.

I tried to brush it off and started singing again. He just stood by the door.

By the time I got to the chorus, one of the waitresses handed him a bag. I guess he got some food to go. But he didn't leave, he still stood there by the door.

I tried to brush it off again. I got to the second chorus and just let the music overtake me.

Did he realize that I had looked at him? That I knew he was there?

I kept on singing. Once I finished the song and opened my eyes, all I could see where that guy once was, was now a car backing up leaving the parking lot.

People clapped and cheered, and I just smiled.

Y/N had said she had seen me here when she was with her friend. Was that the friend she meant? They were out together when she saw me?

I wonder what song I sang when Y/N saw me here.
_________________________
A/N: wow guys, my story's hit 100 reads :,) ily all sm
I've posted three chapters day after day, and hopefully I'll get one more up tonight. don't forget to vote pls, I really appreciate it :)
ch. 11 soon!