twenty two - rough encounter

My face met the wall, as I felt my side become pushed to the ground.

"WHAT THE F-" I started to yell.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Some blonde haired girl starting telling me.

What is actually going on. "What?" I have her a confused look.

"Don't act like you just weren't all up in Young K's business! Isn't it obvious, he wants you to leave him alone." She stated matter-of-factly.

"Excuse me, I don't think you seem to know exactly who I am. I'm Younghyun's girlfriend," I said with extra emphasis.

She scoffed at me. "As if! Young K would never date someone like you. You're nothing but a-"

"Hey, hey, hey!" A voice I didn't recognize came from behind us. It was another student, someone of Asian ethnicity, with a buzz cut and big eyes.

"Don't you have class to get to?" The stranger told the girl.

"Stay out of this," the girl said. She pulled out her phone and started to take pictures. Her figure became familiar to me.

His fan club president.

The stranger grabbed her phone out of her hand and started going through all the pictures. The girl tried grabbing her phone back but the stranger was tall enough, and strong enough, to hold her back from grabbing her phone.

After fiddling with her phone for a bit, he finally handed it back. "Don't mess with her again," he told the girl. "Or I'll tell Young K, that you're a mean person."

The girl acted like a child. "Oh no, you can't do that, I'm such a nice person, you can't give Young K the wrong idea about me-"

He gave her a disgusted look. "Go to class." He said to her, and walked off, grabbing my wrist.

"What are you doing-" I started to fight against his grip.

"You're welcome," he said.

"Why'd you help me? Who even are you?" He let go of my wrist.

"I'm Sungjin, I'm Young K's friend. His best friend actually. I know who you are Y/N. I'm a little offended he's never mentioned me before, actually."

"Why does everyone already seem to know who I am without actually knowing me?" I said, referring to him, and the fan club president who just pushed me to a wall.

"Well, let's take a look, shall we? You've been talking to an attractive guy who became popular in our school after a video of him singing got passed around. That same attractive guy, asked you, to be his girlfriend, in front of all his adoring fans. And you know what happens to obsessive fans when their idol gets into a relationship?" He stopped in his tracks.

"They hate. They hate and hate until your life is misery." He took a deep breath. "And that's why I just helped you discourage the most obsessive of my dear friend's admirers. If the strongest backs off, eventually the rest will too, and this will all pass over."

"Thank you," I said quietly.

The late bell rang. "Well, Y/N, it seems we should go. I'll see you around."

"Bye, Sungjin," I waved and walked to government.

A video of Younghyun singing?

"Dowoon." I texted him.

"whoa, you seem upset. what's up?" He answered right away. He's always on his phone in class, playing games.

"the video that you sent me of Younghyun, did you send that to ANYONE else, and I mean ANYONE, any possible person?"

"no, why would I"
"it's not like he's anyone else's boyfriend"

"swear?"

"are you serious, yes, I swear"

I let out a breathe of relief. If it wasn't the video Dowoon took, then what was it?

What led all these random girls to hate for being happy?
- - -
Younghyun's POV

"Everyone's after your girl, man" Sungjin texted me out of nowhere.

"What? Wdym?"

"I just saw some chick push Y/N to the ground and tell her to leave you alone."

"Wtf did you do anything?"

"What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't? And btw, I am VERY hurt you've never told Y/N about me. >:("

"Well, sorry and thanks. God, this is going to mess up everything. What did I even do to have all these girls get all over me?"

"You were just you man, you were you."

I groaned. My girlfriend now has a mob against her because of me.

God, I'm the worst boyfriend ever.
- - -
Y/N's POV

I was sitting at my bench waiting for Younghyun so we could go home. He was planning to officially meet my mom today.

And so far, all I've gotten throughout the day are some ugly looks from preppy girls who obviously think I'm too ugly or something to be with Younghyun. But I'm not going to let it bother me.

In a quick moment, Younghyun was sitting next to me on the bench, with his arm around me.

"Hey," he greeted me, quickly kissing my forehead.

"You ready to go?" I told him.

"Actually, I wanna tell you something." Oh, God. I'm gonna hate this.

"I'm sorry for causing you all this trouble, with all these girls being mean to you. I never intended for this to happen, and I want to do anything I possibly can to make it stop." He looked into my eyes.

He's too good for this world.

"Younghyun, don't worry about it. Sungjin said it'll all blow over eventually, it's not a big deal." I faked an assuring smile.

"Are you kidding me? A girl pushed you. A girl assaulted you. That's not okay. And that's definitely a big deal, that someone dare put their hands on you-"

I put my hand on his chest that was heaving up and down. "If it gets to a horrible point, then, I will ask you to help me with the situation. But it hasn't, and it won't, okay? Now let's go home." I stood up from the bench and held out my hand for him to take.

He looked at my hand, and then at me. "Fine," He said, and held my hand. "You know, I'm not kidding when I say I'll do anything for you Y/N, right?" He said, squeezing my hand as we walked.

I squeezed his hand back. "I know, and I appreciate you very much for it."

His stressed look began to fade. "Alright." He really is the best thing that's happened to me.

I wonder when I'll tell him the truth.
__________________________
A/N: I managed to squeeze a chapter in wow, and I'm gonna be like super busy these next few days so sorry in advance
I don't have much to say but enjoy, ily, take care of yourselves, and drink water
[edit from like an hour after I published this] I'm #1 in the Younghyun tag!!! ly guys!!
ch. 23 soon!