forty three - i did that

Today is December 10th. Thursday. The day I "agreed" to finally speak to Younghyun.

I would much rather shoot myself than do this, Wonpil.

I asked Dowoon what time they'd be rehearsing from so I know when I could drop by. I figured it'd be best if I showed up at the end so that way they could all just leave and pay as little attention as possible to me.

"5:45-7:00" the text from Dowoon read.

So I'll show up at 6:45, alright.

Time passed, and it's about 6:30 already. If I'm being honest, I'm really anxious. I'm not sure how this is gonna go, and I'm completely ready to back out of the whole thing entirely.

ugh but Wonpil would be so disappointed in me if I did back out I can't possibly do that

Fine. For Wonpil.

I grabbed my phone and headed out the door to walk to Dowoon's house. I could see his car was the only one in the driveway, so his parents weren't home. Instead of knocking, I let myself in, and walked into his kitchen.

I'm his best friend. I have the right to do such a thing.

I sat down at his dinner table and texted Wonpil.

"I'm here. Now what."

Within seconds, I heard someone scrambling up from downstairs in the basement.

Wonpil opened the door leading to the basement, and looked at me smiling.

"Come down! You're just in time!"

He ran over to me and grabbed my wrist before I could refuse. He dragged me all the way downstairs, I almost fell over the stairs. Amidst trying watch my each and every step, I asked Wonpil, "In time for what?"

We reached the bottom and began walking to the room where they were rehearsing.

"So our last, well, first performance, we played acoustic, right? Well, today, Jae and Younghyun brought their electrics and we finally added the drum set in and we've been rehearsing our song all day and we're just about to run it through before we end rehearsal! It's gonna be great, c'mon!"

I stopped in my tracks. "Wonpil," I said. He turned around. "I'm scared." I continued.

"Don't be. You're brave enough for coming over here, and if you could muster up just a little bit more courage to sit in the same room as him for four minutes, you are actually braver than the Marines."

I looked at Wonpil, pouting. He gave me a soft smile and slowly pulled me into the room they were rehearsing in.

I walked in, seeing Jae, Sungjin, Younghyun and Dowoon all laughing and enjoying themselves. They were a little sweaty, seeing as the basement doesn't have the best air conditioning, and they really must have been practicing hard.

There were wires all over the floor, given that Jae and Younghyun were sporting an electric guitar and electric bass now, rather than the acoustics they had used last time. I tried my best to walk over them and sit in the back corner before anyone could notice me.

Dowoon was centered in the back though, to keep time, and noticed me walk back where he was. He smiled and waved, wearing his headphones that I knew he had a metronome playing loudly in his ears.

Wonpil sat back down on his stool and they began to collectively nod at each other, signaling that they were ready.

Dowoon turned to everyone, and then looked back at his drum set. He tapped four, then they were into the song.