forty five - that night

A/N: red haired k 🥺
also this is a pretty long chapter
________________________
The introvert in me began to shine through.

Once we sat down and began hanging out, I clung to Dowoon, occasionally talking to Wonpil, and very rarely joining in on what Sungjin and Jae had to say.

And I didn't really completely was ignoring Younghyun, I just, you know, chose not to comment on whatever he said.

Whenever more guests would arrive, Younghyun would always excuse himself to go welcome them, and strangely, whenever he left, it didn't make me feel any more comfortable.

At one point, when Younghyun left to go welcome someone, Dowoon turned to me. "You gonna say anything...or?"

"I'm just, shy, you know." I gave him my sorry and lame excuse.

"Why? We're your closest friends, there's no reason for you to be shy." He pushed me off his arm, making me lean forward and seem more included in the group.

My sudden movement caught the eye of everyone there, making me flushed. I slowly sat up straight and smiled at everyone.

Sungjin, who was the one talking, quickly looked away from me and went back to what he was saying. "-and he really thought that we sound a lot better, well more like have a greater general effect with electric instruments, than we did with acoustic."

I just nodded my head along with the rest of the group, pretending like I wasn't spacing out.

Wonpil turned to me. "Y/N, what did you think of our latest run-through?"

I hate you so much right now dude

"Um, I thought I was really nice. It sounded definitely a lot cooler than last time. Definitely a song I would listen to regularly." I smiled and nodded.

"What'd you think of the bass?"

dude I really hate you

I could see Younghyun shoot me a side glance but he didn't say anything.

"I think the combination of the bass drum and the bass guitar was suitable enough to create a strong enough pulse for the style of music you guys were playing. It was definitely felt in the room, as bass should be."

The group went silent, and that was partially my fault.

oh well

"You think we'll get fans?" Dowoon asked.

"Of course we will, you can't not be a fan of this face," Jae said. All the guys started clowning him and he laughed back as Sungjin gave him a light smack on the arm.

"Dude, that's a double negative." Younghyun remarked. "You just cancelled out what you were saying, meaning you can not be a fan of, that face."

"Nuh-uh," Jae said back. "Because a negative times a negative is a positive meaning my face is positively the best one out there."

"That doesn't make any sense." Sungjin responded.

"Exactly."

After that moment, Younghyun's mom said something to him in Korean, and Sungjin and Wonpil's heads both turned. Jae, Dowoon, and I all looked at each other a bit confused.

"What'd she say? My Korean is a bit shaky." Jae asked quietly.

Younghyun smiled back. "She said that food's ready, come on!"

The five guys jumped up from their seats on the couch and headed toward the kitchen, where food was being served. I quietly stood up and followed them.