thirty eight - surprise!

Y/N's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. My head turned to my clock on my nightstand. It's 7:54. Who the hell is calling me this early?

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand, and looked to see my caller ID reading "Dowoon." What the heck?

"Hello?" I answered, my voice croaking.

"Y/N, I'm coming to pick you up in an hour. Be ready by then." And he hung up.

I sat up in my bed in confusion. It's Thanksgiving break, and the weekend, so why is Dowoon calling me so early?

I dragged myself out of bed and got ready in about fourty-five minutes. I was wearing jeans and a simple knit shirt with casual shoes, with my hair let down. It was 8:47, and I was still yawning from my exhaustion.

I put my head on my hand and started to drift away into a doze. I was sitting at the breakfast bar about to fall asleep again, until three loud knocks awoke me from my quick sleep.

I got up and opened the door to see a smiling Dowoon on the other side. "Well, you look fantastic," he said, referring to my face that was clearly showing exhaustion and annoyance.

I didn't say anything but continued to look at him annoyed.

"C'mon, let's go!" Dowoon grabbed my wrist and closed my front door as we walked to his car.

I stepped in the passenger seat and saw a duffel bag in the backseat.

"Dowoon, you're not taking me to go commit a murder, are you?"

"Y/N," he grabbed the duffel and opened it to reveal a mass amount of snacks and junk food. "Really?"

"What's all that for?" I questioned.

"For our road trip!"

I looked at him with wide eyes. "For our WHAT?"

Dowoon didn't say anything, and only laughed, pulling out of my driveway and driving out of town.

The second we reached the end of the city limits, Dowoon leaned back in the driver's seat.

"Y/N, why don't you tell me everything that's happened this week?"

I looked at him in disbelief. "Why don't you tell me where we're going?"

"Playland Park. Now spill."

Playland Park? That's one of the biggest amusement parks in New York. It's at least two hours away from where we live.

Dowoon looked over at me, still waiting. So I told him. I told him everything, going to the studio and seeing Wonpil there, writing a whole new song, almost skipping out on Thanksgiving, and how I just submitted my application last night.

Dowoon continued to look forward as he continued driving. "Why didn't you ever come to me Y/N?  I'm your best friend for a reason."

I hung my head as an awkward silence filled the car, only being disturbed by the slight static from the car radio.

"Enough of that," Dowoon said, pulling up to a gas station. "I need to pee." He got up out of the car and I followed.

I didn't have to use the bathroom, but I walked in anyways. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I looked dead tired. I had noticeable bags under my eyes from my lack of sleep for the past week.

I splashed cold water on my face to try and wake myself up. It was still super early, and we'd been on the road for almost an hour already.

I dried my face and walked back out, seeing Dowoon waiting outside the restroom. "You want anything?" He asked, gesturing to all the snacks in the store.

"I think you packed enough in the duffel, dude." I laughed, and he shrugged, and both of us walked back into the car.

"So," Dowoon started once we were in the car. "It's our last day of break, and you've been working hard all week. So take today as my treat to you for being awesome. You deserve it Y/N."

I smiled over at him, the silence then becoming interrupted by my growling stomach.

"If you're hungry just say something dude!" Dowoon laughed and grabbed the duffel in the backseat.

"Check the side pocket." He said, putting his focus back on the road.

I unzipped the side pocket to find a assortment of juice boxes and Uncrustable sandwiches of all flavors.

"I knew you weren't gonna eat breakfast." He simply stated. I grabbed a juice box and a hazelnut flavored Uncrustable and put the duffel back in the backseat.

"Thanks Dowoon." I said, and I ate my breakfast sandwich.

Dowoon looked down at his phone and back to the road. "Okay, its should be about an hour and a half more and then we'll be there."

I was quiet. I didn't have anything to say, so I just sat in silence.

I really wish I could sleep. I got like what, seven hours? I stayed up so late last night and I'm so exhausted from all the stress.

"There's a blanket right behind your seat."

I looked over at him in shock. He literally read my mind.

I turned over and reached behind my seat, finding a a plush throw blanket, and I quickly covered myself in it.

"Thanks," I said softly, stuffing my face into the softness of it.

I angled myself in the passenger seat to where my view was towards Dowoon.

I could see a smile growing from the corner of his mouth. He grabbed his phone and put on a playlist of soft, ballad-like music.

I closed my eyes, the last thing I saw being Dowoon looking over at me, smiling.
__________________________
A/N: hi it's been a fat minute since I've updated and I'm super sorry :( life has gotten in the way so much
I'm not gonna put this story in hiatus tho, this story helps me a lot, you guys don't even know.
I've missed you guys too you don't ever realize :((
and before I go BTS' COMEBACK IM SCREAMING SHDJDKD
okay bye
wait omg also I forgot to say thanks for 4K, it's actually been so long since I've updated this story is already at like 4.7K or something idk but either way ily all sm :((
ch. 39 soon!