thirty nine - in for the ride(s)

I was sleeping in Dowoon's car when I heard a car honk their horn right next to us.

I jumped up in the passenger seat, and Dowoon laughed. "Good morning," he chuckled.

"Are we there yet?" I croaked, rubbing my eyes.

"Actually, we're like fifteen minutes away. We came at the right time actually, right before it starts to usually get crowded."

I fixed myself up in the passenger seat, patting down my ruffled hair. Sitting up straight now, I could see the lines of cars that we had managed to avoid by coming so early.

I checked my phone, revealing that it was only 10:39 a.m.

Dowoon pulled into the huge parking lot for the park, which was completely filled because it was kinda early. After driving around for a bit, Dowoon found a parking spot close to the entrance.

Once he parked, we both got out and walked to the tickets sales. Dowoon rushed over and spoke softly and quickly to the guy behind the counter. Then all I saw was Dowoon pull out what seemed to be a lot of money, and  handed it over to the guy, in exchange for two wristbands.

Dowoon looked backed at me and beckoned me to follow him. Once I reached him, we walked past the entrance gates into the huge park waiting for us.

Dowoon held out the wristbands and grabbed my wrist. "Here," he said, fastening the plastic on to me. "Unlimited rides." He smiled at me mischievously, knowing how much I love rides.

We walked together around the park, getting on every ride we saw, with the day going by.

It was almost three in the afternoon. We'd been here for five hours, and even if the day wasn't over, our time here definitely was.

Dowoon could sense my exhaustion from the area. "Can we go on the Ferris Wheel before we go?" He asked, with his puppy dog eyes looking at me.

I sighed and smiled. "Of course." We walked over to the line that wasn't too long, but still had a wait. I stood behind him, leaning onto his back, as he stood, supporting me.

The line grew shorter and shorter, and we walked closer and closer to the entrance.

Once we walked past the gates, we walked into a blue colored cart, for the two of us. The dude running the ride closed the door to the cart, and we were set to go.

After a few more people got on, the ride finally started. It moved slowly, and out cart eventually moved higher and higher.

We slowly reached the top, as it the tide slowly moved forward. In that small moment, everything felt, okay.

The sky was bright blue with a cloud here and there, with a slight breeze. I looked over to my right, where Dowoon was sitting, and he just looked at me, and smiled.

He put his arm around me, and I leaned into him. Once we were at the highest point of the Ferris Wheel, Dowoon moved his head down towards mine, and softly kissed my forehead.

For the first time in a week, it almost felt like nothing was wrong.

- - -

We were already back in Dowoon's car getting ready to leave the park.

"So, back home now?" I asked.

"Pssh, are you kidding me? We're barely getting started." Dowoon said, pulling out of the parking lot.

"Wait, what?" I said startled. "What do you mean?"

"It's barely three in the afternoon. You really think we're gonna go home now?"

"What about my mom? I didn't even get to see her before you picked me up?"

"Ah don't worry, I told her about this days ago," he said, leaning back in the driver's seat with one hand on the wheel.

"Well then, where are we going now?"

With a sly smirk on his face, he let out three simple words. "The Big Apple."

My expression grew shocked at his response. "Dowoon! We're in Rye! It's a least another hour and a half before we get to New York City! That means it'll be a more than four hour drive home! Are you insane?"

He laughed. "Nope, just trying to have fun."

"Oh my god," I leaned back in my chair. "You do everything you can to worry me, don't you."

"And you don't?"

The car was filled with silence for a moment.

"I thought so."

Dowoon looked over at me and nudged my arm. "Lighten up, we're going to the most amazing place near us. New York, New York, so nice, they named it twice."

I chuckled at his dumb joke and stared out the window. New York. It was always the city of my dreams, with so much urban living and beauty. The melting pot of different cultures made it so beautiful. And my dream school was there. It was the only place I wanted to be.

"We're not even gonna get to be there for long. By the time we get there, it'll be like 5:30, and then we have to leave at like 8, to get home by midnight, because we still have school tomorrow Dowoon." I gave him a stern look.

"You trust me, don't you?"

"Of course I do it's just-"

"Then don't worry. I have everything figured out. Now get something to eat out of the duffel. We won't have enough time and I don't have enough money to stop and eat somewhere."

I sighed and grabbed the duffel bag, rummaging around it, trying to find something to eat that would be suitable for lunch.

Soon enough, I grabbed a Gatorade and bag of beef jerky and started eating. Not so much a meal, but I guess it'll work for the time being.

"Take a nap," Dowoon told me. "I know you're still tired, and probably exhausted from all the walking we did earlier."

"What about you?" I asked him.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me. Here, you want to adjust the air?" He turned the A/C up a little bit and passed me the blanket that I was using earlier. 

"I'll wake you when we get closer to the city, don't worry, just rest."

I pulled the blanket over me and leaned back in my chair, as my eyes started to shut, and for the second time today, I feel asleep in Dowoon's car.
_________________________
A/N: hey y'all. thanks for 5.5K I think idk but whatever the number is you guys are the best.
I'll admit I had a bit of a writer's block but now I got it sorted out so expect more soon hopefully :))
ch. 40 soon!!!