thirty six - finished...almost

Y/N's POV

"Today is Friday, November 27th," I spoke into my headphone's microphone. "One day until my application is due." I whispered.

"This is the final product of Sonata in D minor." I unplugged my headphones from my laptop, and set my fingers on the white and black piano keys.

The total length of the song was about three minutes. It was definitely shorter than the last song I wrote, obviously because I wrote this in a shorter amount of time. Even then, it was filled with much more emotion, and so much more meaning.

I reached the climax of the piece, where it sounded the most chaotic. Once the musical phrase reached resolution, it still sounded just as heartbreaking and emotional, if not more, than when the song first started.

I finished the song and ended with a perfect fifth interval of a C and G, sounding slightly major after the whole piece being in minor. I might change that later, but for now, I'll leave it like that.

"Tentative, final product," I spoke into my laptop. I stretched out my arms after playing all of that and covered the piano so I could lean on it.

I heard the door creak open, and even without hearing their voice, I knew who it was.

"Hey, Wonpil-ah." I greeted my newfound friend.

"Y/N," He said, rubbing his hand across his face. "That was, beautiful." He came closer to me and I could now see his eyes were slightly red from crying. "You've been working on a original song this whole time? I thought you were trying to learn a really difficult one or something."

"Wonpil," I complained. "Don't cry or I'm gonna cry," I nudged his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just that that was really moving," he said, continuing to rub his eyes.

Once he was finally done with his sniffles and tears, he turned quietly facing me. "You wrote all of that?"

I nodded my head slightly and responded softly. "Yup."

"Y/N, are you okay?"

He looked into my eyes, waiting for an answer.

I thought about that question more than I should have.

All week I've been trying to keep my emotions out of my mind and on paper and notations instead.

I haven't talked to my best friend all week.

I almost skipped out on Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, my only family, because of this stupid song.

This stupid song that he inspired.

My eyes started to burn. Tears were building up and beginning to blur my vision. I felt the warm liquid fall down my cheeks and down my neck, and sobs begin to control my breathing.

Wonpil got startled. "Y/N! No, no, no, I stopped crying why are you crying? Please don't cry, I don't like seeing you sad, please." He sat next to me on the piano bench and hugged me, trying to comfort me. I kept on sobbing and crying uncontrollably.

"Wonp-pil," I started. "I-I m-miss him s-s-so much." I cried into his shoulder, pouring everything that I had bottled up for the past week.

Wonpil continued to hug me and console me. "I've never known what it's like to lose someone you truly love. I could never even imagine what you're feeling right now, Y/N."

Someone I truly love.

Do I...?

I took my head off of Wonpil's shoulder and started wiping my tears, while dealing with harsh shudders in between my breathing.

"I think," I looked at Wonpil, "I'll be fine." I started nodding my head, trying to reassure my own self of what I just said.

I looked over to my laptop, and saw that I was still recording. "Shit," I muttered under my breath, and stopped recording. I saved the file, knowing full well I was gonna have to edit out the whole "me-crying-and-saying-I-miss-Younghyun" part out. I closed my recorder and was brought to my notation software. I looked at the last measure of music, and changed the perfect fifth to simply a D right above middle C , the tonic of the entire piece. I saved that file, and closed that, then closed with my laptop with a slight aggression.

"There," I told Wonpil. "I'm all done. I finished." I stood up and grabbed my bags, putting my stuff away, getting ready to walk out.

"Y/N," Wonpil called out to me. He stood up from the piano bench and I was almost already out the door. 

"He loves you."
- - -
Younghyun's POV

I came to the guitar shop. I was good friends with almost all the employees, and asked if I could borrow the recording studio. Of course they let me, just, you know, with supervision.

I pulled out my guitar and few sheets of music. I had studio headphones on over my head and a microphone to my face. Sammy, one of the employees, was sitting on the other side of the glass, waiting for my go to start recording.

He held up his hand to get my attention. "You ready dude?" I nodded my head.

He gave me a thumbs up when he had pressed record, and I started strumming. Day after day of playing with the band, I had almost forgotten what it felt like to play alone.

"The things I'm about to
Tell you aren't so you
Change what's already on your mind

It's just that I keep,
Thinking 'bout all the melodies
You made asleep at night."

Wow, another song loosely based off Y/N, what a surprise.

My eyes were closed, and in my head, I could see her, enjoying herself, smiling, on the one date we went on. I could see her face illuminated by the stars and city lights, accented with her huge smile all the way from the top of town hall.

"Beautiful,
Just the way that you looked at me,
Was so much I'd never wanna leave,
I~
I~
Keep tryna forget how you were
Beautiful
Just the way that you were calling my name,
But without you it won't be the same,
I~
I~
Keep tryna forget but
You were beautiful."

I sang my whole song. I strummed my last chord, and opened my eyes. I could see Sammy's mouth gaping open, until he realized what was happening and stopped the recording. I chuckled softly at his actions, and went into the room where he was on the other side of the window.

"Do you want to be part of a band?" was the first thing he asked me when I came in.

"Sorry dude, I'm already part of one." I shrugged.

Sammy looked down with disappointment but then remembered what he was doing. "Here," he said handing me a CD in a paper container. "I've already got it burned onto there, I just need a few more minutes to make the file accessible to send and for a USB  Drive."

"Thanks, Sammy, I appreciate it." I nodded and began walking out to put away my stuff.

"Just found a new song for my sad playlist," I heard Sammy mutter under his breath right as I walked out.
__________________________
A/N: I really don't have much to say nowadays. hm.
added the English version of you were beautiful for yall's viewing pleasure :)
ch. 37 soon!