twenty four - i'm down

Younghyun's POV

It was Friday. Today, me and all the guys from the Bowling Alley, were planning on meeting again. Despite the fact that I thought Dowoon and I would get off to a shaky start, we were actually really chill. All of us were.

I pulled up to Sungjin's house, where we all agreed to meet up again. When I knocked on the front door, Jae answered. "What took so you long, man? We've all been waiting on you!"

I laughed at his comment and walked inside my best friend's house. Dowoon, Wonpil, and Sungjin, were all sitting on the two couches in the living room. I sat down on the one Sungjin was at, and Jae joined Dowoon and Wonpil.

"How long have you guys been waiting?" I asked.

"Not long," Wonpil replied. "I just got here like five minutes ago."

I gave Jae a face for getting after me and he laughed.

Sungjin, our host, started offering us drinks or snacks. Without listening for any of our answers, he ran into the kitchen and came back with three bags of chips, and an assortment of sodas.

"So," Sungjin said. "What are you all down to do?"

Dowoon responded first. "Whatever you guys wanna do, I'm just glad to get out of the house. My parents have been nagging me about playing too many video games. 'how are you supposed to get into college if all you do is play League of Legends all night?'"  He mimicked.

"That's why I took a gap year," Jae replied. "So I can do absolutely nothing for a whole year, except play League of Legends."

Dowoon scoffed at him. "You probably still suck."

"Bet, let's go, right now," Jae remarked, almost aggressively.

Wonpil laughed at both of them. "Yah, yah, both of you only spend your time with games, no one cares." All of us chuckled at his statement.

"He's right," Sungjin said. "The only thing any of us really care about is how well any of us can carry a tune."

"So were all just here judging each other's musical talents?" I commented.

"Well, we're all kinda thinking it," Wonpil said.

"It's pretty much the one thing we all have in common." Dowoon added.

"But we still do get along well, as like, friends," Jae said.

"Yeah, no, definitely," Sungjin said, and everyone murmured in agreeance. "What if...? Never mind, it'll sound stupid."

"No, no, what it is? I'm sure it can't be that stupid." Wonpil assured Sungjin.

"Well, I was gonna say is what if we make music. Like, the five of us, but it just sounds childish."

Jae laughed out loud. "Childish? Are you kidding? Ever since I graduated I've been trying to find people that I could still make music with. I'm down."

Dowoon nodded. "Me too. I'm down."

"If they're down, I'm down," Wonpil said.

"I'm up for it," I said. "It's just up to you, dude. I mean, this was your idea in the first place."

Sungjin looked surprised from everyone's acceptance of his idea. "Well then, I- I guess we'll do it. I really wasn't expecting this."

"Well, it's happening." Jae responded. "And we're gonna make this happen. I call lead."

"Lead what?" I asked.