forty two - present day

To put it in simplest terms, my days returned to how they used to be. Before I met him.

I didn't go to the piano room as much, because I didn't have any need or want to do so anymore. I didn't see him around at all anymore, like he disappeared as quickly as he entered my life.

But not a second went by where I wasn't thinking of him.

Even then, it's not like I could totally avoid him. Him and Dowoon were still band mates, and every once in a while I'd be meeting up with Dowoon and he'd be saying bye to him right as I show up.

I miss him so much.

I regret what I did, and I wish I could go back and change it, and tell him right away instead of hiding everything and making him hate me. 

Y/N, shut up, he was just in your way of getting into Juilliard and you know it.

Whatever. It's not like I'll even find out if I get to have an interview until later this month, December.

I wonder if he'll get an interview...

He's Kang Younghyun. Of course he's gonna get an interview.

Even though most things have gone back to normal, the one notable difference is my new friend, Wonpil. Ever since Thanksgiving break, Wonpil and I became extremely close and I valued our friendship so much. He was the sane part of me that I lacked, the one that always brought me back to reality.

And it was him who suggested I should try something I would never imagine.

We were at my house, doing nothing but hanging out, and he bluntly put it out there.

"You should make up with Younghyun." He said after taking a swig of grape soda.

I made a face. "What?"

"Did I stutter?"

I made another face. "No, I think I'm just deaf or going insane." I returned the attitude.

"Well, sorry if I think you should finally do something. It's been like what, two weeks and neither one of you has bothered to say something to the other."

"Yeah Wonpil, because he hates me. I used him, remember? I don't think you would want someone who used you to to try and talk to you and you probably wouldn't try to talk to them either."

Wonpil shrugged. "He doesn't hate you. And you know that very well. He only hates what you've done. You never know if he'll want to talk to you unless you try."

"Guess I'll never know."

Wonpil scoffed with his mouth open. "When will you admit that you're not over him?"

I looked at him, shocked. "What do you mean? I am, too! I know perfectly well that there is no chance of us ever getting back together because he HATES ME, Wonpil, even if you come in saying that oh he 'still loves me,' I'm a horrible person to him. He'll never want to see me, ever!"

He only looked at me silently. "You still have the keychain he gave you." He glanced over to my keys, sitting on the kitchen counter.

He looked back at me, meeting my eyes that were only glaring at him.

"I bet you never even gave him back his jacket."

If looks could kill, Wonpil would already be decaying six feet under.

But I can't hate him for what he's saying.

Because I know deep down he's right.

"Should I really try and talk to him?" I said quietly.

Wonpil leaned in. "Yes, yes you should."

I looked at Wonpil with a much more melancholic look.

"We have band practice this Thursday." He simply said.

"At his house? No way."

Wonpil chuckled. "Actually, in Dowoon's basement. We've been trying to rehearse using the drum set but no one has a car big enough to transport the whole thing."

I became timid. Was I actually going to do this? I haven't spoken to Younghyun in over two weeks. It may not seem like much, but honestly, it's felt like a lifetime.

"Okay, you know what? Maybe- just maybe, I'll go to your guys' band practice. And just stop and say hi to like, you and Dowoon."

"No, no, you're going to stop and say hi to me, Dowoon, Jae, Sungjin, and Younghyun."

I gave him an annoyed looked to which he returned a smile.

"You know I'm only telling you to do this because I think it's for the better? And that you could possibly benefit from this?" He looked at me waiting for him to say that he's right.

Instead I walked over into the living room and threw myself on the couch.

"Wonpil~" I groaned. "Why is everything so annoying?"

He walked over and sat in the armchair. "So that you can appreciate the not-annoying moments."

I didn't respond, but just buried my face into a pillow.

"So Thursday then?" Wonpil said, clapping his hands together.

I sat up on the couch and glared at him.

"I'll take that as a yes!" He said standing up. "Alright, well I've been here long enough, see you Thursday Y/N!" He ran out of my house before I had a chance to say anything.

I buried my hands in my face, sitting in the couch.

please please please pleeeeeeaaassseeee don't let this go up into flames.
__________________________
A/N: this chapter kinda shorter than usual sorry:/
I'm about to take the first of the five tests in have to take in the course of the next two weeks right now, see you all later :)
ch. 43 soon!