thirty two - support

Y/N's POV

I spent the night at Dowoon's. I didn't want to go home three houses down across the street to my mom and have her deal with my mess.

I am a mess.

I was sleeping on Dowoon's bed. He offered to take the couch he has in his room, so I could be comfortable.

I don't deserve Dowoon.

I don't deserve any of this. I'm a horrible person. I made Younghyun feel used, and now I'm over here handing all my problems to Dowoon.

Just when things were going right..

My head turned to Dowoon's night stand. His alarm clock read 3:26 A.M. Well, shit. Good thing it's the weekend or I probably wouldn't go to school.

"Y/N?" I heard Dowoon's voice from the couch.

"Yeah?"

"I love you, Y/N."

"I know, I love you too Dowoon."

"Go to sleep. How are you supposed to support my band's first performance tomorrow if you're not getting well rested?"

I hummed in a tired and annoyed tone in response, and turned to my other side.

My eyes shut, and before I knew it, Dowoon was shaking me awake. "Come on," He said. "I'm making pancakes." He dragged me out of bed and sat me down at his dining table. He put out a plate in front of me and cup that was filled with milk.

My eyes were half-open, and my vision blurry. Dowoon continued to do what he was doing, and put a paper towel next to me.

He looked at me and smiled. "How many do you want?" He asked.

"Just two," I groaned. I put my hand up to my face to rest on it.

"Don't fall asleep; you just woke up, and you need to eat." Dowoon placed two perfectly cooked pancakes on my plate and placed a small cup of syrup next to it.

"Eat up." He gestured at the breakfast he just made me.

"Get some for yourself first, and then I'll eat," I told him. So he did. He put out a plate for himself and put some pancakes drowned with syrup and sat down in front of me.

"Okay," He said. "Now eat."

I pouted at him, and started to eat. I ripped up my pancakes and dipped them in my syrup.

"How'd you sleep?" Dowoon asked me.

"Okay, I guess. I'm not used to sleeping in someone else's bed."

He laughed. "You think I'm used to the couch?" I shyly looked down.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled. "Just keep eating."

Soon enough, we finished our breakfast. I picked up the dishes and offered to wash them, since Dowoon was kind enough to make breakfast for us.

I was cleaning the syrup off Dowoon's plate when, out of nowhere, he hugs me from behind.

I had a rag in one hand and the plate that was in the other slipped out of my hand into the sink. Dowoon's arms were around my waist, and his head was finding itself buried in my neck.

"Please," He said. "I don't like seeing you upset." I put my hand to one of his around me. He held it, tight, and didn't let go.

"Dowoon," I said softly. "Don't leave me."

"I'll never leave your side Y/N."

***

Dowoon asked me to show up to the band's first performance at the restaurant. I asked him what their payment was for playing, he said free lunch.

I didn't want to step foot in the restaurant. Not after yesterday. I mean, how am I supposed to show up to the restaurant owned by my ex-boyfriend's family?

Dowoon told me to not worry, and that he had sorted it out. I feel so bad for him. It must be really annoying for your best friend and your new friend to be ex's, and having to get along with both of them.

He said that first they were gonna have band rehearsal and then all go to the restaurant. I stayed at his house all day. No one was home, so I just sat and did nothing. Dowoon called me once he was done and then picked me up to go to the restaurant.

He was driving me to the restaurant with him, I guess, almost as my escort, so I don't feel scared.

He pulled up to the restaurant. "Wait here," He said. "I'll get a table and order your food, and then you can just come inside."

I sat in his car and waited, and I saw Jae and Wonpil enter the restaurant, and eventually Sungjin. I guess Younghyun was already inside.

I stayed in the car, still doing nothing when Dowoon texted me.

"You can come in now, and don't worry about the guys. I'm not sitting with them."

Even if he said not to worry, I was worrying like heck. All the guys are still gonna see me, and Younghyun probably told them everything already.

"I'm sitting at the wall closest to the front of the store in the back." Dowoon texted me again.

I walked in, with my head down, avoiding eye contact with anyone. I could hear all the guys' voices, laughing and enjoying themselves. And I could hear it get quiet amongst them once they saw me.

My only goal was to get to Dowoon, and eat with my best friend, and support my best friend in what he's doing. Because I know he would do the same.

There were Korean noodles with a lemonade already sitting, waiting for me at the table Dowoon was sitting at. I sat down, with my head hanging.

"Hey," Dowoon leaned in to me. "Don't worry about them." And he started eating.

He ate his kimchi and I ate my noodles. Eventually, Soojin came by.

"Do you guys need anything?" She asked. I looked up from my food and made eye contact with her, and then immediately looked away.

"No, we're good," Dowoon answered for me.

We kept on eating, and simply talking when Dowoon's phone buzzed.

"The guys wanna play our song already. You okay by yourself?" He asked me before getting up.

I looked up at him and faked a smile. "Yeah, don't worry, go do what you need to do. I'll be right here."

He smiled back and nuzzled my head affectionately. I tried to avoid looking at Day6 and what they were doing, but I couldn't help it.

Jae moved a couple chairs closer to the stage, and the stool that Younghyun had used was now being used by Wonpil, for his keyboard. Dowoon pulled out his cajón and set it in the back so there would be a reliable source of keeping time throughout their performance. Jae, Sungjin, and Younghyun all sat down in the chairs Jae had moved, and were tuning up their strings.

Whenever Younghyun performed, he never gave himself an introduction. But today, right before they began to play, Jae stood up and turned to the people in the restaurant. "Hi! We're Day6!" He said loudly and briefly, and then sat down.

I looked back to see Dowoon with his headphones on, mentally tapping a beat on his head. Jae looked back at him and nodded.

"One, two, three, four-"
_________________________
A/N: hey-o nothing much just another update. Been a while since we seen yn around.
Ily guys. drink sum water pls
ch. 33 soon!