twenty one - morning date

My phone's marimba alarm went off, signaling me to get up. I got up and took my morning shower and threw on a decent outfit.

I stepped into the bathroom and looked at myself. All of my makeup was sitting on my vanity, but today, I decided not to touch it.

"You should wear it less often."

My phone buzzed. Younghyun was calling me.

"Hey," I answered all stupid.

"Hey, are you ready for school? I could pick you up right now if you want, and we could go get something to eat."

I was about to accept when I remembered Dowoon still had his car taken away. Did he still need me to drive him to school?

"Give me a minute, I need to figure something out," I told him.

I pulled up my conversation with Dowoon. "Do you still need me to take you to school?"

He texted back right away. "No, I can hitch a ride with my dad on his way to work. It's cool."

I smiled. "Yeah, you can pick me up right now," I told Younghyun.

"Alright," He said. "I'll be there in ten."

All my makeup sitting there was so tempting to touch and grab, especially now that Younghyun was going to pick me up, but I resisted the urge. I sighed, and grabbed my backpack.

I walked to the kitchen to see my mom. "Younghyun's picking me up right now, and we're gonna go eat, so he'll be taking me home too." I told her.

She smiled at me. "Okay, don't have too much fun."

I laughed at her comment and made my way out. "Bye Mom, see you later!"

"Bye Y/N!"

As if on cue, the second I stepped out the door, Younghyun pulled up to my house. Before he could get out and open my door, I went in myself.

"What's you do that for? I'm your boyfriend, I'm supposed to do these kinds of things for you," He said regarding my actions.

I softly chuckled at him. "You don't always have to do that. I can do things for myself, you know."

"Fine, you strong, independent, woman."

He drove out of the neighborhood and eventually pulled up to an IHOP. "Come on, let's eat," he said before getting out.

Thankfully, it wasn't packed yet. We got a table quickly and and had already gotten drinks.

"You sure we'll have enough time to eat and make it to school on time?" I asked him.

"Would I bring you here if I wasn't?" He answered.

"That's flawed. You can't answer a question with another question." I joked with him.

"Or can you?" He teased back. We both started laughing at our exchange and continued to look at the menu.

"I want waffles." He made a face. "Are there chocolate waffles?" He said to himself.

"Look, there's chocolate pancakes, I'm gonna get those." I sipped my hot chocolate.

"Can I just get the Belgian waffles and put Nutella on them?" He muttered again to himself. He played with his straw in his orange juice with his mouth, seriously contemplating his waffles.

"Younghyun," I interrupted his thought.

He looked up at me. "What? I take my breakfast foods very seriously."

I laughed at him and our waitress came by. "Are you guys ready to order?" She said.

"Actually," Younghyun jumped up in his seat. "I was wondering if I could Nutella, like on the French toast, but on waffles." He looked up at her with big eyes, hoping his wish could come true.

She gave him a face saying, Really? "I think we can make that work," she said. She wrote down his special request on her notepad and turned to me. "And for you?"

"I'll have the Belgian Dark Chocolate pancakes," I said, closing my menu.

"Alright then, I'll be back," she said, taking our menus.

Younghyun looked at me and smiled.

Normally I would smile back, but I wanted to ask him something.

"So you met Dowoon yesterday?"

His smile didn't entirely fade, but he still tried to keep it. "Yes, I did. I had seen you with him once before, but I never knew who he was until yesterday."

"You know, he was with me when I first saw you?" He looked up at me, waiting to hear more. "He offered to take me out to eat, and that's when I first saw you. So really, he's part of the reason we're together now."

Younghyun looked at me lovingly, but still said nothing.

"He doesn't entirely hate you. And I don't want you to hate him either. You guys are the most important people in my life."

Younghyun grabbed my hand that was resting on the table. "I don't hate him. And I won't, because I know how much he means to you." He stroked my hand with his thumb.

"I'd do anything for you, Y/N." He held my hand tight. "And don't worry, I think we're actually getting along. Yesterday, all of us there agreed to meet up with each other again, all five of us were cool hanging out."

I squeezed his hand back. "I'm glad. That really makes me happy." 

Right afterwards, our waitress brought our waffles and pancakes. "You guys need any refills?" She asked. We both declined, and she left us to eat.

We ate our food somewhat quickly because we still had to get to school on time. When it came to pay the bill, I kept pushing to split it but Younghyun absolutely insisted on paying. I let him, but I'm not going to every time.

Younghyun pulled up to the student parking lot, and moved quickly. He grabbed my bag for me and we walked to the main building of school. It was 8:15, so we still had some time.

"I have to go turn in an assignment for my English class, I'll see you later though, right?" He handed me my backpack and I put it on.

I smiled at him. "Of course."

He quickly hugged me tightly, and bent his head down towards mine. "Can I get a kiss before I leave?"

I can promise that my cheeks were on fire.

Younghyun laughed at me blushing and took a kiss for himself. He lifted up my chin, so my face could meet his. He quickly put his lips on mine, and I kissed him back. "I'll see you later," he said, walking away.

God, I have the cutest boyfriend ever.
_________________________
A/N: first of all, wow. I'm speechless. In less than 24 hrs I got over 100 reads. Chapter one has over 100 reads. I'm actually shaking. Ty all sm for your support, I really can't thank you guys enough.
I wasn't planning updating today, but I'm so happy that this story has reached 500 reads. you guys have no idea. this story really is my happy place.
If you guys ever wanna talk, I'm always available on my twitter @/lunekang or through my wattpad :) but preferably U.S. Central Time lol
ch. 22 soon!