eleven - it's a date, confirmed

Y/N's POV

I had almost three minutes worth of music done. I was almost done with my song. Unlike Younghyun, I don't write lyrics to my music, just melodies with accompaniment.

It was Friday afterschool. I was already planning on heading home to get ready for my "outing" with Younghyun, but I sat in my car for a bit just listening to my arrangement.

Not to brag, but my arrangement's probably my favorite song to listen to, even if it doesn't have words.

It was a piece written for piano that could be rewritten to for any ensemble. Piano just had more of a simplicity to it.

I smiled listening to my song. I closed my eyes.

"Y/N!" Younghyun yelled from the center of a stage. "This song is for Y/N, the girl who's smile I'll never get tired of."

He started playing his guitar and it was unlike any song I've ever heard. The melody was constantly moving, and the harmonies Younghyun made with his voice and the guitar gave me chills.

"Y/N," Younghyun said from the stage. "I want you to know that I l-"

"Incoming call from Dowoon," my car's Bluetooth snapped me out of my daydream.

"What's up?" I answered.

"I just wanted to tell you to have fun on your little date tonight." I told Dowoon about tonight, I wasn't gonna hide anything more from him.

"It's not a date, but thanks," I told him.

"I don't know Y/N, a guy and a girl, going out, by themselves, and he's picking you up... kinda seems like a date to me."

"We're just going out together as friends." I remarked.

"Yeah, sure. Have fun, stay safe. Love you Y/N."

"Love you too, Dowoon." And the call ended.

Dowoon's the only guy I've ever told that I love. He's the only guy who's ever been there for me, all the time.

And I'll admit that yes, I have feelings for Younghyun, but do I love him?

I drive home to find myself alone. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I needed a good outfit for tonight. Something hot, but not slutty, but not casual-

I threw on a gray dress that was fitted at the top and had a loose skirt. I threw it on with my black cardigan and black flats.

I looked myself up and down at my mirror. Not too bad Y/N, not too bad.

I checked the time. It was barely five. I had a whole hour to do my makeup and fix my hair.

I didn't want to do anything dramatic. After all, this isn't a date. It's just us hanging out, right?

I kept my face simple with all the basic and simple pink blended eyeshadow with no eyeliner. I left my hair down and loose. It's not like I needed a prom up-do or anything.

It was 5:35. Only twenty-five minutes left until Younghyun would come pick me up.

My mom got home in the next five. I was sitting on the couch when she saw me. "Well, look at you! What are you all dressed up for?"

"Mom, I told you already, I'm gonna hang out with Younghyun tonight."

"The one who picked you up the other day? Oh, he's cute," my mom teased.

"Mom!" I laughed back. "Yeah, he is," I said softly.

All of a sudden 6 o'clock was here like that. There was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" My mom exclaimed, as she sped walked over to the door before I could do anything about it.

"Younghyun! Hi, how are you?" I could feel his presence outside the door.

"Hello Ms. Y/L/N, I'm here to pickup Y/N. I'm sure she's told you, were going on a date tonight."

A DATE? HE CALLED IT A DATE?? THIS IS REALLY A DATE??

"Oh, she did tell me. Well, I'm sure she'll be down here any second now-" and that was my cue to finally pop up from behind the door where I was hiding.

"Hey!" I said, and smiled softly at him.

He looked amazing. He was wearing a dark gray button up with black jeans and black Old Skool Vans. His hair was freshly combed and I could smell his cologne from where I was standing.

"You look beautiful," he muttered softly, with a serious look on his face. My cheeks went hot.

I stepped out the door to go with Younghyun. We started walking towards his car when he turned back to my mom. "I'll have her home before ten!"

He ran over to my side of the car and opened the door for me. Even though my mom had already closed the front door, I knew for a fact she was watching everything through the window.

Younghyun started the car and drive out of the neighborhood.

"So," he said. "Let's go get some ice cream!"
__________________________
A/N: I actually had more planned for this chapter but then it would've been like suuuuuper long so I'm just gonna split it into two.
I'm really doing my best trying to update regularly for you guys. my schedule gets busy but I still try to make this story one of my top priorities.
might stay up super late to write the next chapter
ch. 12 soon!