sixteen - euphoria

I drove home, breaking almost every speed limit there was. Dowoon was sitting in the passenger seat, scared for his life.

"Um, Y/N?" he said fearfully. "What's the rush?"

"I have it in my head right now, Dowoon, I can't lose it."

"Um, what is it, exactly?" He said, his voice frail and weak.

"The ending to my song Dowoon! It's in my head right now and I need to get home to compose it!" I snapped at him. I felt a little bad for having an attitude towards him but I really needed to get home already.

I pulled up to my drive way and sprinted out of the car. By the time I was opening my front door, Dowoon was barely getting his stuff and getting out of my car.

I ran to my room and opened my laptop and pulled out my keyboard.
I stared humming the music that was playing in my head and found the notes on the keyboard and started writing it down immediately.

I was trapped in my own world, I didn't even notice that Dowoon had let himself in my house. By the time I had finished writing out the rhythms, I finally noticed Dowoon standing in the doorway of my bedroom.

I looked up at him with a questioning expression.

"Well," He said. "What are you waiting for? Let's hear it!"

I clicked a key on my laptop and the piece began to play. A whole three weeks of writing this song and I finally finished it.

It came to the ending of the song, and it sounded perfect. The song ended with a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction.

I've never been prouder of myself.

I looked up at my best friend, still standing by my doorway while I sat on my bed.

"Dowoon?"

"Yeah?"

"We kissed."

Dowoon came and sat next to me on my bed and put his arms around me.

"I see how much you like him, and I can see how much he likes you. It almost sickens me to see how much affection you two have for one another."

Dowoon's voice started to become shaky. "But promise me, Y/N, that even if you guys do start to date, you won't forget your best friend?"

My eyes met Dowoon's. They were shiny and full of worry.

I never had any siblings. I've only had Dowoon. He really was my family, my brother, my best friend.

I can't imagine the pain of losing Dowoon to someone else.

I finally hugged him back, and I hugged him tight. "I could never forget my brother."

Dowoon let go and stood up. He started to wipe his eyes dry. "This is embarrassing," he said dryly, as he walked to the bathroom to wash his face.

"Dowoon?"

"What is it?" He answered from the hallway.

"I love you."

He stopped right before entering the bathroom. "I love you too, Y/N."
- - -
It was the next day. I was sitting on my favorite bench outside the fine arts building with my laptop.

Subject: College Application

To Whom It May Concern:

Attached is an audio and PDF File of  my composition. Thank you once again for the opportunity to be able to apply to this school.

Signed,
Y/N

My fingers were hovering over the send button. Do I really wanna do this? I still  have like two more weeks till I need to submit it.

Delete.

I'm going to make this song absolutely perfect, and use every last bit of my time to do so.

All of a sudden, a pair of big, warm hands covered my face. Not letting him say anything, I started to whine.

"Younghyun, get yours hand off," I said jokingly annoyed.

He laughed took his hands off my face and sat with me in the bench, and put his arm behind me. "What's up?"

"Nothing really, I'm just looking over my song. I finally finished it," I said, relieved.

"Really?" He said. "That's great, that's really awesome!" Without even asking he plugged in his headphone into my laptop and waited for me to play it.

I played it for him and he listened. A small smile grew on his face as he leaned in closer to me. As soon as the song finished, he pulled his headphones out of his ears.

"That was really beautiful," he said sweetly and softly.

"I feel like it's not enough, like it needs more."

"Well, I think it's perfect," he said, reaching for my hand.

I sighed as he now held my hand, stroking it softly with his thumb. I leaned into him and put my head at his shoulder.

"I'm playing at the restaurant tonight, you should come watch." His breath softly touched my neck.

I didn't have anything to do tonight, so, why not? "Okay," I told him. "I'll be there."

"Awesome," he said as he squeezed my hand.

I loved this feeling so much. There's no one I'd rather be with than Younghyun.

And he may have helped me with my ending, but I know that this is just the beginning.
__________________________
A/N: soft Dowoon chapter ah
shorter chapter than usual I'm sorry :(
hopefully I'll get three more chapters up this weekend
and whoa I had got like 70 reads in like two days, ily guys
ch. 17 soon!