nine - it's a date?

A/N: y'all ever look at the pics I bless you with?
__________________________
Y/N's POV

It was gone.

My creative block has officially left me.

Ever since that day with Younghyun in the piano room, I had it. I had everything.

That day, I started actually composing and writing out my song. It was all on the software in my computer and in my notebook, written out in sheet music.

I never told Younghyun what my song was actually for. To him, he just thinks I'm writing a song for fun. He doesn't know that I'm actually competing with him for this spot in Juilliard.

And now, I was sitting on the bench outside the fine arts department listening to my composition on the software on my laptop. Listening to it, to my piece, made me smile at the sudden thoughts of Younghyun.

Without warning, he was all of a sudden sitting next to me on the bench.
"Whatcha listening to?" He asked.

I pulled out one of my headphones and handed it to him. "It's my arrangement, what I have so far."

He smiled listening to it. "This sounds great Y/N."

"Really? Well that's good. I hope I can finish it soon."

"Hey, um, I actually brought you something," he started to pull something out of his backpack.

"Aw, you really didn't have to bring me anything." I started to say.

He pulled out a small keychain with a treble clef on it. "I just saw this the other day and I'd thought you'd like it," he said softly.

He handed me the keychain and I started to look at it. It was about an eighth of an inch thick and made of smooth metal all around. It was a really nice looking keychain. I doubt he just found it.

"You really didn't have to," I said, admiring the keychain.

"I do things for my friends," he said, similarly as the last time he said that.

"I don't know where to put it, on my keys, or my backpack." I softly laughed.

Younghyun grabbed my jacket sitting on the bench and reached into the pocket, grabbing my keys.

"How did you-" I started to ask.

"Whenever you stick your hands in your pockets, I can hear your keys shaking." He simply stated.

He started to put the keychain on my keys. All I had on them was my car keys and my house key. And now I have this treble clef.

"You heading home soon? I'll walk you to the parking lot." He put my keys back in they pocket of my jacket.

"Yeah, I probably should get home soon." I started putting away my laptop and stood up from the bench. Younghyun and I started walking to the parking lot.

"Are you gonna be free anytime soon? I was thinking we could go out somewhere, and maybe get actual ice cream instead of frozen yogurt." He laughed at his own comment. 

Is he..asking me out on a date? We've hung out once before but it wasn't really planned..

"I'm free this Friday," I told him.

"Cool," he said. "So what, I'll pick you up at your place at six?"

Oh my God, he's gonna pick you up. This is totally a date.

We had just reached the parking lot and we're almost at my car. By the time we reached my car I realized his was parked right next to mine.

"Sure."

Internally I was screaming, but on the outside I was somewhat attempting to keep a calm face.

I was about to die of nervous shock. I needed to get myself out of there. "Well, I guess I should get home, my mom's probably waiting for me-"

Before I knew it his arms were around me in a warm hug. I put mine around him and hugged him back. He held on tight and had his head on top of mine.

"Drive safe, and tell your mother I said hello," he said, before letting me go. "Bye Y/N."

"Bye Younghyun," I told him before getting in my car. He stood outside of his for bit before he started to get in.

I left before anything else could happen. On the drive home, my mind was processing everything that just happened.

Younghyun just asked me out on a date.

Except he didn't call it a date.

We're just gonna "go out."

But just like, not as a couple.

Or are we going out as a couple? Oh my God, this is really confusing.

He keeps being really sweet that I keep forgetting that he's my biggest obstacle of getting into Juilliard.

Sigh. It's Tuesday the 10th. I have three days until my "not-really-a-date-but-kinda-a-date" with Younghyun.

And 18 days to finish my submission to Juilliard.
__________________________
A/N: shorter chapter than usual but things will get better ;)
if you all have any suggestion or just something nice to say I appreciate comments or messages!! it'd be cool to hear what you guys have to say :)
ch. 10 soon!