fourteen - muse

Y/N's POV

We were walking back to his car to go home. He held my hand, leading me there.

And then we were actually holding hands.

Like, my fingers, and his, were mixed between each other's.

Is this real? Is this another daydream?

I was purely shocked as Younghyun squeezed my hand and smiled softly at me.

This is actually happening. Might as well take advantage of the moment.

I held his hand tight and moved closer to him. I wrapped myself around his arm as we walked. This really was the best feeling ever.

We finally got to his car and he opened my door.

Soon enough, we were on our way back to my place. It was starting to get late, so we were both pretty tired, leaving our ride back home quiet.

I was almost asleep by the time he pulled up to my house. He turned the car off, came to the passenger side and opened the door for me.

He held out his hand and I took it, as he then pulled me out of the car and started to walk me to the door.

I held his hand this time. I put my finger between his and squeezed his hand. He laughed softly at the unexpected moment.

Everything was dark except for the front porch that was being illuminated by a light.

By the time we got to the front door, Younghyun let go of my hand and grabbed both of them, similarly to when he led me to town hall, except this time, we were only inches apart.

"I had a really great time tonight, Y/N. Thank you for spending this time with me." He said as he played with my hands.

I started blushing and smiled shyly at him. "Thank you for taking me out." I said. "It was amazing."

He smiled big, letting all his teeth show. His smile was practically brighter than the light we were standing under.

He pulled me into a hug, and wrapped his arms around me tightly. I did the same, with my head at his chest. I could hear his heartbeat begin to accelerate.

He let go, and now held my head with both of his hands. "I'll miss you, but I'll see you soon, Y/N." He said, as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

I could feel my cheeks getting hotter by the second. Am I sure this isn't a daydream?

"Goodnight, Y/N." He grabbed my hand one last time and squeezed it before he walked back to his car.

I stood outside the front door in disbelief of what just happened.

"Goodnight, Younghyun," I whispered, as he drove away.
- - -
I was sitting in my room in pajamas with my laptop. After what happened last night, I got so much more done for my song.

I now had around 4 and a half minutes worth of music. All I really needed now was an ending.

I saved the file on my laptop and emailed it to myself. I opened it on my phone and sent it to Dowoon.

"Almost done with it, what do you think??" I sent him a text with the attachment.

I probably won't get an answer for another hour or so. Dowoon sleeps in till noon and only wakes up to play League of Legends on the weekends.

I got out of bed to go to the kitchen and grab something to eat. My mom was sitting at the breakfast bar drinking coffee while scrolling through Facebook.

"So," she said with a grin. "How was it?"

"Mom!" I yelled. "It was nice." I said like a dork.

"Where'd you guys go?"

"We went to a diner downtown and then to town hall."

"Town hall?"

"Yeah, the roof. You can see all of downtown from there. It's really pretty."

"Y/N, as your mother, I'm gonna be honest with you. I've never seen you this happy before."

"Mom-" I started to refute.

"You've always either been at Dowoon's house playing games or practicing music, or you're always at band. And now you've met someone new, and he brings out the best in you Y/N. He brings out parts of you that even I've never even seen."

I looked at her and felt like I was five years old again. She was right.

"I really like him, Mom." I said quietly.

"Well, I bet he likes you too. It'll probably be a matter of time before he's here every day." She laughed at her own comment.

"Mom!" I laughed at her and the conversation ended. I made myself some cereal and sat down in front of the TV. After a while of doing nothing, I went back to my room.

Younghyun's jacket was hanging off my music stand. I grabbed it and put it on again.

I looked at myself in my mirror and realized how huge it actually was on me.

I stuck my hands in the pockets of the jacket and feel something in it. I pulled it out to find a crumpled piece of paper.

Unfolding it, I realized, it was a receipt.

I lolled at it carefully. A receipt for a keychain that was 20 dollars? Was that the keychain he gave me?

I looked at it again. Another 15 dollars for... engraving??

I looked everywhere for my keys. I started turning my bedroom upside down trying to find them. I ran to the kitchen and thankfully, there were there on the hook we have for all the keys.

I snatched them off the hook and looked at the treble clef carefully. Then I saw it. On one side of the clef, on the bottom curve, I saw "영감" engraved on it.

I don't speak Korean? What is this?

I ran to phone and saw a text from Dowoon.

"It's sound nice, but unfinished."

I texted him back. "That's because it is unfinished, duh."

I took a picture of the engraving on the keychain, and sent it to Dowoon.

"Do you know what this means?" I asked him.

"You know I don't speak Korean. Lemme ask my mom."

I stared at the keychain. How had I never noticed it before?

My phone buzzed.

"She says it means inspiration."
__________________________
A/N: wow I only got to post one chapter over the entire weekend, I'm sorry ;( I'm staying up like super late tonight tho so I may put another one up.
y'all want shorter or longer chapters? let me know, I really appreciate anything you guys have to say.
ch. 15 (wow I'm already at 15) soon!