nineteen - a little hostile

Younghyun's POV

I finally did it.

I asked Y/N to be mine.

And, I know a couple days ago I said I thought it was too soon, but, it feels right. With Y/N.

She had just left the restaurant. I was sitting in the break room with Taejin now, waiting for nothing.

My mother came in and handed me 75 dollars. It was my payment for playing at the restaurant. I usually get a small bit of whatever money was made from me playing, and this is the most money I've made at once so far.

My mother left as quickly as she entered. Taejin, who had observed the whole exchange, decided to comment.

"Younghyun-ah, when are you going to get a real job? You can't support yourself by playing at the restaurant all the time."

I chuckled at what he said. "No, but I make enough. And you know I do it for Omma." 

"Ah, yes, I remember now." And he didn't push any further.

A long time ago, I think I had to be around 9, I grew to love singing. I would sing all the time at my house. Family members would come over and hear me sing, and they would always tell me I did great. And then my mother decided to have me sing at the new restaurant she just opened. I practiced a song over and over, and then I actually performed. People clapped, but probably just to make 9-year-old me feel good.

Eventually, I learned guitar, and with that, I learned covers of songs. And then mother had me sing those at the restaurant, and people actually liked that. I was 14 when I learned guitar.

When I started high school, I started to write my own songs. It was pretty basic stuff at first, and mother told me to play them at the restaurant. 

But once I turned 16, I wanted a job. I wanted to make money. I came home one day with a job application to a fast-food place, and my mother almost broke down crying. She said that without me playing at the restaurant, the whole business would fail. She offered to pay me every time I played so that way I wouldn't have to find a job. So I accepted.

And here I am now.

I mean, I'm happy playing at the restaurant. It's given me lots of opportunities to perform and it encourages me to write more songs. I just wonder what would've happened if I actually got a real job.

I wouldn't play at the restaurant anymore, Y/N would've never seen me play, would we have ever met? No, no, it really was better this way, that I didn't get an actual job.

My phone buzzed from my pocket. It was Y/N texting me she got home. I smiled knowing she was safe.

My cousin noticed my change in expression at the thought of Y/N. "So how'd you two happen?" Taejin said.

I smiled thinking of how we came to be together. "She interrupted me while I was working on a song, I asked her for her number, and eventually, I confessed to her. And now, I asked her to be my girlfriend."

Taejin smiled. "Two little lovebirds, how sweet. I give you a blessing of happiness, that you two are always happy with each other."

"Thank you, Hyung."

It was silent for a moment. "Alright, my break's over, gotta go back on the grind." Taejin said, returning to the kitchen. Man, one second, he's trying to flirt with my girlfriend, then he's extremely formal and gives me his blessing, and then he's back to acting like he's a teenager again.

I was alone in the break room. I had nothing to do anymore, so I decided to go home.

On my way home, I got a call from Sungjin.

"What's up?" I answered.

"Some of my friends and I are heading out tonight, you wanna join?"

I really had nothing. I played at the restaurant already and Y/N went home.

"Yeah, sure, I'm driving right now, where are you guys meeting up?"

"The Bowling Alley. Hope you're wearing socks." He hung up.

I pulled to the place after five minutes. I didn't see Sungjin anywhere so I just walked in.

He was standing by the front desk with a couple of other guys. I walked over to join them.

"Young K?" A familiar voice said. I turned to see that the voice belonged to a dark-haired man wearing glasses.

"Jae?" I was surprised. Jae was part of the guitar program at school but I hadn't seen him since he graduated last year. "What's up, man?" We did a handshake to greet each other.

Sungjin finally noticed I was there. "Young K! What's up? You remember Jae from guitar right? This is Dowoon and Wonpil, they're our friends from music camp." He gestured towards the other two guys standing there. Wonpil had brown hair and a small, delicate figure.

But Dowoon, I recognized him. I didn't know from where but I recognized him. I knew I've seen his face before.

"Hey guys, I'm Young K," I said politely.

Sungjin got us going. "What are we waiting for, let's bowl!" He said with a pair of shoes in his hand.

I grabbed a pair and walked over to the lane we were at. While walking, I saw Dowoon leaning by the wall and it hit me.

He was Y/N's friend. He was the guy that was with her on the bench that day.

Not only that, he was the guy that watched me by the door at the restaurant.

He has to know who I am. He has to. If he's actually a close friend of Y/N's, he must know who I am. He's messing with my mind.

And I'm falling right for it.
___________________________
A/N: ~oooh tbc~ I have fun doing Younghyun pov chapters y'all don't even know. I'll do my best to get another chapter out tonight but no promises.
And I know I said Jae had blondish hair in an earlier chapter but his hair isn't blond anymore so :/
also, you guys should check out m08nchild , she has a couple stories that she's working on that deserve more attention. go support her pls, she deserves it.
AND CAN YOU BELIVE IVE GOTTEN 100 READS IN LIKE THREE DAYS?? WOW I LOVE YOU GUYS
ch. 20 (WTF we're on 20 already?!!) soon!