seven - mornin'

I opened my eyes from my slumber. I woke up happy, with a smile on my face remembering everything from yesterday.

I stretched in my bed, still thinking about everything that happened with Younghyun. Eating froyo, going to the arcade, him taking me home-

Wait.

Oh my God, Younghyun said he was gonna pick me up this morning.

What time is it???

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand. It was 7:03 a.m. I had one text from Younghyun.

"I'll stop by your house around 7:35, don't take too long."

Oh my God Y/N how stupid could you be to sleep in you're such an idiot I swear this is why you can't pass calculus

I jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom. I'm normally awake at 6:30 so I was doing everything twice as fast.

Contacts, on. Teeth, brushed. Hair, combed. Time? 7:08.

I ran back to my room. I needed a good outfit. I had to wear a good outfit. There is no way I'm allowing myself to look like trash in front of Younghyun.

I found somewhere in my closet a loose light-wash pink knit shirt. I threw on a pair of denim shorts and my gray Vans to go with it.

Time? 7:16.

Makeup, oh my god, I need to do my makeup, where's my makeup bag oh lord please help me-

I ran to the bathroom for better lighting. I went and tried to do my whole face routine with the limited time I had. I cut out a few parts, but right now, I am perfectly fine with that.

There was a knock at the front door. Was it time already? I checked my phone. It was only 7:32. I still technically had 3 minutes left.

Whatever. I was gonna look the way I looked. I grabbed my bag and started to walk to the kitchen to grab something to eat on the way, only to be given the surprise of Younghyun sitting at the breakfast bar with my mom behind the counter.

"Y/N! Good morning! I knocked and your mother let me in. We were just talking about school and stuff." Younghyun had the biggest, most innocent smile on his face. Sigh.

My mom was behind Younghyun as they were both facing me. She looked at me, and then winked with a smirk on her face.

Is my own mother trying to play wing- woman??

I tried to keep my sanity. "Wow, that's really great. Well if you two know each other know, I guess we should be on our way to school then-" I was standing at the fridge grabbing a yogurt when my mom leaned over towards me. "You know, it's nice to see you hanging with someone besides Dowoon for a change," she whispered.

I scoffed. "How could you say that? Dowoon is practically your own child."

My mom smiled. "Just saying," she said as she grabbed breakfast for herself.

Younghyun was still sitting at the breakfast bar. He didn't seem to hear any of what we just said. Good for me.

"Anyways, we should get to school." I pulled Younghyun out of the chair he was sitting in. "Bye Mom!" I yelled as we walked out the door.

"Your mother seems like a very pleasant person," Younghyun said as we walked towards his car.

I started to walk to the passenger door until Younghyun beat me to it. I was slightly confused, until he opened the door for me.

I have to admit, as small as the gesture was, I started blushing. Hard.

A gentleman. Is there anything else he can't be?

He started driving down the street slowly as it was a neighborhood.

We passed Dowoon's house, and there was Dowoon, standing right outside his car, looking directly at me in Younghyun's car.

We passed by the house quickly but in that one moment, Dowoon's face almost looked-

disappointed.

Younghyun could see my discomfort. "You wanna get something for breakfast? We can get food or coffee or whatever you want," he started offering.

"Um, some coffee would be nice," I answered.

Younghyun pulled up to a Starbucks Drive-thru.

"Here," I passed him a twenty dollar bill. "I got it. Just get me a chocolate chip frappe."

Younghyun looked at me reluctantly but took the money. He made an order and pulled up the the window.

All I could think about was Dowoon.

Younghyun took our coffee from the window and had gotten some muffins to eat too.

The ride to school was a quiet one. We spent most of the time eating so it wasn't really awkward.

Younghyun pulled up to the student parking lot. "Where's your car?" He said as he started looking around.

"Um, it's the gray Nissan to the left." Younghyun pulled up to empty parking spot right next to my car and parked his own. He started grabbing his stuff and got out.

I grabbed all the trash to throw away. I felt like I owed him something for giving me a ride.

It was already 8:24. Class started at 8:30 and our Starbucks detour set us back for having any extra time this morning.

I threw away the trash and Younghyun walked next to me.

"I gotta go, I'll see you later?" He said.

"Yeah, of course-"

I was interrupted as he pulled me into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and his height allowed him to put his head on top of mine.

It felt so warm in his arms. I could feel my horrible morning fade every second I spent there with him.

"Bye Y/N." He walked off in one direction, and I walked off in another.

I had government first period, with the majority of the class just being note taking. I opened the small front pocket of my backpack to get something to write with. But I didn't find a pencil.

I found a twenty dollar bill.
__________________________
A/N: class starts soon and I'm not ready for it ;( and this story makes me seem like such a soft stan lol
don't forget to vote, ily all, hope you all still like the story.
ch. 8 soon!