5: Scarlet Kisses Heal You

Chapter 5: Scarlet Kisses Heal You

Deep within the walls secrets were held. Lexie helped Dean get through the back entrance. Dean whimpered as he was pulled through the bar. He felt eyes on his back as Lexie took him upstairs.

"Hogeye call Keller. There's a slut outside and he needs to bring her in for questioning." She hissed before slamming the door behind them.

His whole body ached as if a truck ran him over. He couldn't exactly tell Lexie what she was there for. He was thankful that she arrived when she did. That wasn't how he wanted to become a father. He didn't even like Bela that way or never will. He once felt strong feelings for Jo Harvell but he shut down his feelings so she wouldn't get hurt.

Everyone comes near him gets hurt or dies. He can't let anyone else get hurt or even die. He didn't think he can handle another loved one dying on him. After what happened tonight, he was sure that would happen. Bela Talbot was insane and he knew that she wasn't done with him. The next she comes he'll be alone and he fears that Lexie might die.

Lexie takes Dean into a small questionably clean restroom. As his back was pressed against the cold tile and his chest was exposed. He jerked when she grabbed the hydrogen peroxide and the cotton burned like fire. His wound was deep. Lexie cringed at the wound. That bitch really cut him badly. He might need stitches. His eyes squeezed tight as she rubbed the excess dirt out of the cut and he bit down on the washcloth in his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She kept saying over and over again when his whole body jerked away. "I know it stings but I gotta clean before they get infected." Dean gritted his teeth, tightly clenching his hands into fists and tries his best to man up.

"I know." He mutttered, his breathing labored and his eyes burned. "But do gotta be so messy. Would it kill ya? To be, I don't know nicer to me!" He hissed loudly and Lexie frowned.

She grabbed the suture needle off the tray, slowly hovering over his skin. She took the needle in and out of the flesh until he was all stitched up. Dean sighed heavily when he realized she'd finished. Lexie curled her lips into a tight, but loose smirk.

"And, you're lucky, I know what I'm doing, Dean." She retorted, clicking her tongue and pursing her lips.

A scoff slithered off his lips. He liked her. Her spunk, her daring attitude, the way she could challenge her appoint without even lifting a finger. It was like she was one of them. He already knew that she wasn't. She didn't know about his job or what it initialed.

"Anyway, what were you even doing out there anyway?" She asked, slightly moving her gloved hand against his chin.

"Believe or not, I was here for a drink before that hill bitch cornered me." She wondered what happened before she showed up. She blinked back a tear as she thought about what happened to him.

"Drinking?" Dean quickly resided his thoughts and smiled. "Yeah, I could use some whiskey." Lexie turned the door knob and he took her hand.

So his days were numbered, to hell anyway. He was sitting in a bar stool with hospital bandages tapped around his golf-ball sized wound. She smiled at him as he held the shot glass to his lips and she couldn't help but laugh. He looked ridiculous when he shook the rush off his head and it seemed like he hadn't drank hard liquor before.

"What the hell?" He coughed," This stuff— whoa." The kick powered through his thick blood and caused him to have a cough attack.

"Tequila, Dean." She answered, trying to not laugh at him. "A friend of mine drinks it all the time." He wheezed and took another sip and the rush went to his head again.

"Son of a bitch!" He growled, pinching the bridge of his nose." Lexie, are ya trying to kill me?" He complained, she chuckled.

"No. Just thought you could use a real drink, if you know what I mean." Dean's eyes widened and he blinks his eyelashes.

Was he hearing her correctly? He thought he did. Did she just say that whiskey wasn't a real drink? He cleared his thought, wide eyed." Did you say that girly drink's better than whiskey?" He countered, a twitch vibrating off his lips.

"Why the hell not. The lime and salt really just gives the rush doesn't it." He rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers together.

"No, Whiskey gives the rush." He bit his tongue, howled in pain. "Damn that hurt like a bitch." He growled thickly before shooting the tequila shot down his throat.

Xxxxxxx

"Keller, we've got a situation." His walkey-talky echoed against his waistband. Tom grunted before snapping his eyes open and pressing the intercom.

"Where?" Then there was static buzzing through the other line. "I repeat where's your location?"

"Fox Forest. Send all your troops you can."

His eyebrow raised up," Copy-that." He replied before snatching up his keys and heads to his squad.

Him and his troops headed over to Fox Forest. He surveyed his surroundings, flashing light on the dark tree tops. The evergreens looked normal. Their tree-tops didn't look anything abnormal. He heard a crack and quick to his feet. He raises his flashlight up higher and spots something.

"Put your hands up where I can see them!" He ordered as he grabbed his gun, tightly clenching the handle with his grasp. His eyelids were squinted and he stays stern.

And then he heard another crack from the other direction. His eyes flipped to the other side of the forest. The only things he could hear was the birds chirping in the far distance and footsteps approaching.

Then his flashlight started flickering and darkness came upon him. He couldn't see what was going on in front of him or follow his feet. He waves his gun again and then something knocks it out of his hands. He blinks his eyes as he saw a blinding light in the distance. He tries to move his foot and spots his gun. And all sudden it was dark and he felt lightheaded. What the hell was that?
Xxxxxxxx

A few hours later, Sam still hadn't heard from Dean. He decided to check the local forest. He was two feet away when he heard cackling. He reached for the gun and cocked it forward. The cackling only intensified as he snapped over the twigs. He couldn't see the best due to the dark. His flashlight flickered on and off before it completely off. He muttered light swears off his tongue and scowled in the darkness. Then he heard a loud moan. Instantly he starts running through the forest. His feet carrying him the best they can.

"Dean?" He called out as he tried smacking the head of the light again. "Dean!" His voice slowly gained fear. His brother could be hurt. He didn't know where Dean was or if he was okay.

"Someone help!" He heard someone grunt as he dashed for the right.

His flashlight turned back on and he raises it hesitantly as he looked around him. He spots a man. As he got closer he saw he was injured.

"Sir." Sam holds the flashlight over the man's face. "Can you move anything for me?" The man's head jerked forward. His leg moved an inch and he sighed. "Good. Good."

"I was here to check on a call my partner called about." The man answers as he hobbled on his leg.

Sam looked over at him," Sir, What's your name?" The man deeply inhaled for a breath of fresh air.

"Tom Keller, the local Sheriff." Sam slowly takes on the information and sighs as he helped Tom up.