13: Twin Falls, Minnesota

Chapter 13: Twin Falls, Minnesota

It's been a week since her brother had been released from the hospital. Also been a week since she told Dean to never call or show up in her life again. Jughead has forgiven her for what she said. Maybe he was right but it scared her. Jason was actually alive and Dean wasn't who he said he was. It brought back to many memories. As much as she wanted to trust him. She found it hard to believe what he said was true.

There were times she thought about texting him, asking him what he meant by hunting but she never picked up the phone or bothered to type a word under his name on her address book. That's things about her stubborn personality, it usual got in the way. Every damn time.

FP wheeled himself into the kitchen to find his little sister humming away to the music, blaring in her ears. He chuckled to himself. She was going to go deaf if she kept listening to her music cranked up like that. Lexie was about to grab the almond milk carton when she felt a tap on her right shoulder. She quickly turned around, snagging the cord to her ear buds on the oven rail.

"Ah shit!" She screeched, placing her hand over her chest and breathed out hard. Then she glared at her brother. She grabbed a rag and swatted at him. "Don't do that!"

All he said was this." You know one of these days, you'll be deaf from blasting...." He paused, being one ear phone to his ear and scrunched his face. "One direction really, Lex?"

"Yes. I still love them even though they took a hiatus." She defended her love toward her band. Niall still had her heart.

"I expect this from Betty but you... I just didn't think you still liked that boy band."

She rolled her eyes, scoffing at him. "Does Betty know you said that?" He shakes his quickly, checking behind as if she was actually behind him.

"Hell no!"

"Chill bro, she's not here!" She laughed, flipping the pancakes onto the other side.

"I know but my son... he's very protective of his girl."

Oh yes she knew about him. That's what landed him in the hospital last May. Malachi threatened Betty and Jughead reacted like any human would if their woman's life was being endangered.

"Yeah... I know." She was no longer laughing. Now it crossed serious territory for her. Her brother's children weren't something she would ever put a price on.

Her brother's hand lands on her shoulder, giving a gentle squeeze before he leans over kissing her head and says," You can't worry forever. He'll be okay, JB too. They're strong independent kids. Also extremely hardhead like..." She senses a comeback. "You." She slaps his chest playfully, scorning him with her irritated face.

She knows it all jokes and games. He doesn't mean a single word he says. That's just how it is with them. Her and FP joke around and taunt each other. Nobody truly understands the true meaning behind it. Nor do the duo wants like to understand. It's like their own special bond.

The pancakes were finally ready. She gestured to the fridge and FP comes back with a bottle of Sweetwater maple syrup, a can of whipped cream and small bowl with Chocolate chips. Her iPhone blasted Ed Sheeran as she plates them on the dining room table for her, FP, Jug and lastly little—not so little JB.

"Kiddos! The pancakes are done!" She yelled, hearing footsteps approaching at a rapid pace.

She laughed endlessly at the ravenous look on her nephew's face. As long as she has known the boy. She knows his devoted love for food. He's always eating. It doesn't matter if it's Pop's or just food in general; he loves food like a lifeline.