9: "Risk To Regret, Dean."

Chapter 9: "Risk to regret, Dean."

Over the past couple hours after she told Dean to leave and never return. She sat and thought about her last words to her brother. 'I hope you fucking die' she started sobbing as she looked at the photos on her phone. She called Hermione and Alice. Hermione brought over a gift box of FP's favorite candies, while Alice broke down. Both Lodge and Jones knew Alice was still in love with FP. Even if she tried to deny it she couldn't fool them. Her brother had many visitors. Fred, Tom and many others. The young serpents had wet eyes as the doctor told them that he had a hemorrhage. Lexie took a deep breath as the doctor explained the chances he would recover. He was going to be okay, she kept thinking to herself. This was all going to workout. He will be able to walk out of this hospital and be alive. She wouldn't be without him. His kids weren't be out a father and they wouldn't be taken away from her.

If she known Gladys, she would do anything dirty to undermine Lexie. She never liked that snake crawler. Maybe it was the fact she took her brother's daughter away or the fact she returned her chances on having Alice as an sister- in-law. That witch swindled her way to top and she was going to find out how. Gladys was on her list, along with Hiram, Penelope and low-key Hermione. She knew H wasn't all in for the good. I mean her husband's Hiram Lodge. There was no good in that soulless man in black suits and expensive cars. She was lucky enough to be able to pay the rent or have gas money. Business has been slower since Alice took out a loan on the Register. And so help her from letting Trouble loose. Alice better have her running shoes, it won't be a pretty fight.

Lexie sat by the hospital bed, shifting her eyes over to her brother's unconscious state. The guilt gnawed at her stomach as tears silently rolled. "Auntie L." She didn't move. Her eyes stayed put. "It's been two days." She huffed.

Shaking her head," He could wake and if—"

"Gone." Interrupted her nephew. He sighed as he entered the room. "I'll call. I promise." Lexie looked quietly at her nephew with her soft brown eyes.

"Okay..." she breathed. She took a moment to collect her thoughts. "I will see you at the trailer."

Before she entered the trailer. She breathed in, scanning her surroundings. "Monsters." She scoffed before turning the door knob to the left and went inside. She knew what she saw but monsters? She had to insane to think those are real. All she thought about was her brother. She only wished he was awake and she could call him.

She walked into the kitchen and her stomach churned at the walls. The blood stains still freshly in her brain. The images at its rawest point. The struggle written behind in her brother's blood. For the first time in an over a decade she couldn't go to her brother for advice. FP thought she wanted him dead. She didn't. No. She wanted him.

She kicked the lower cupboard with her heel. She angrily looked at her hands and started ramming them into the thin walls. Her hand punctured the drywall with one hollow action. Gravity overtook her hands and she found herself with bloody knuckles; not that she cared. She snatched a soda can into her gasp and squeezed hard against the aluminum. The crushed can sliced open her palm. She cried and cried while she beat her fists into the cabinet. Tears drenched the woman's cheeks as she rocked in cradle position against the lowest cabinets.

"Damn it!" She screamed in a curdling voice. Lexie buried her head into bloody palm. The blood slicked her forehead as she weeped. "Fuck!" She cried out.

By sunrise her sobs subsided greatly. She awoke on the kitchen floor, blood rivers dried by her head and to her ankles. She blinked at her knuckles in shock. She couldn't remember what she had done last night. Only that she had a couple drinks before she returned back to home. She shook her head and started dressing herself. Before she knew it she was already on her bike. When she arrived her niece and nephew asked what happened. She shrugged her shoulders loosely and they bandaged her.

At lunch Jughead sat in his father's room. His eyes bloodshot and puffy. Every few hours the nurses checked his vitals and made sure he was still breathing. The machines were giving his father oxygen. The oldest Jones child tried not to think about what life would be like without his dad. Him and his dad had their differences or fights. But never did he wish this. He's aware his aunt hasn't slept since he was brought in. She feels guilty and Jughead understands.

Xxxxxxxf
Dean had been on the road for two-straight days. He and his brother decided that they would head west to find any cases. His brother kept drilling him about his mood change and frankly he didn't care. The last words still stuck with him he tried texting her the morning he left. He gotten a response.

Lexie: I got your text. I need you to stop texting me Dean. I already told you at the hospital what I wanted from you. Don't text me again, or see me. Oh just please never step foot into my town again. If you do? Just let you know... "Risk to regret, Dean." The "monsters" is just too much for me. My brother is the damn hospital! It's your fault. Never talk to me again, Dean. Oh and I looked you up. If you call or visit I will call the FBI and turn you in, god it?

Dean never replied. He was too much to care about a girl. She was just some girl anyway. Nobody special. Or maybe that was stubbornness in him that was talking. Sam knew it was. Dean didn't care. He had a ticking time bomb anyways. For all he knew was he could blow any day now.

"Dean?" His brother yawned as he raised his arms against the car seat. "You like that girl don't you?" Dean just scoffed and then clenched the steering wheel tightly.

"No. I helped out with her motorcycle and then ran into each other again at the local bar. We had sex and that's it." Sam couldn't believe how heartlessly his brother sounded. He was acting like this girl didn't mean anything. Though the young Winchester wasn't as dull as his idiot brother. He knew Dean cared for this girl and that's why he frowned when she texted him.

He could see the hope that faded when he was reading. His brother handled pain like it was nothing. What happened to their mom, all their friends and father. He wished that the hunting was done for. But it wasn't. Now he was searching for any cure for his big brother. Sam couldn't even bear the thought. His brother didn't know this but when he found out. That night he cried. His brother was most likely out drinking and hitting on Blondes, while he silently broke down under the covers.

"Come On, Dean. You expect me to believe that bull?" Dean again shrugged, turning left off the highway and pulled into another shitty motel lot.

"Like I said, Sammy. She's just a girl. I could go to the local bar and pick up some drunk hottie. But I'm staying in with my little bro." Dean hugged him on the side and then ruffed his hair.

Sam sighed," See I do appreciate that but I know you're hiding. You can't just admit you don't want to die."

His brother scoffed." Sam, but I do and if you even dare break the deal. You die and..."

"I know... but Dean..." Dean flinched when the keys slammed on the table by the small window. "I can't live without trying to find a solution Dean." For the first he saw his brother breaking about the deal.

"Fine." He huffed," If you find away, then I guess. But if it doesn't work..." he sighed again, but this time more gently." I need you to move on. Don't try to find away to save me. Have a girl, go back to me or a new job, I don't care. Just promise me you'll have a apple pie life, Sammy. Can you at least do that for me."

The brothers stayed quiet, not speaking, just staring at the beers in their hands. One thing about these brothers that everyone knows is that they can't live without each other and they will find anything possible to save the other.