17: Ride On

Chapter 17: Ride On

Dean tracked his car and found out his exact location. He drove six hours to Riverdale. When he got there he saw Sam talking by the river. He heard whispers as he approached. By the other voice he knew exactly who he was talking to.

His heart pounded in his chest. He hadn't seen her in a week. They didn't end things on the best note; the circumstances weren't the greatest either. Her brother was dying. He hoped he didn't. From what she told him already that her brother meant the world to her. He was the only person who she was close to. He was the same way about his little brother. Man that entire week without her was difficult. He normally didn't feel like this. Not like for anyone. He locked his feelings with whiskey and kept the lock tight.

He spotted them, sitting on the rock by the closest stream. Lexie had a smile, laughing at something Sam had said. She looked happy. It reminded him the day they met. Her laugh. Oh it was contagious to him. It made him smile. Which he never smiled besides when Sammy was being a complete dork.

"Dean." Sam says in a low tone. Lexie's smile left her lips causing a pang of guilt to leave Dean's chest. He hadn't might to cause her any pain.

"Sam... we should go." Sam nodded his head before heading up the hill.

He turned toward Lexie, giving a small wave before continuing his walk. Lexie waved back with a soft smile. Dean didn't speak until Lexie glared at him.

"He's alive by the way." She said with a tight lip. That was a relief to him. He always liked when the people they save have a lucky outcome.

"Lexie." He started, slowly stepped closer." I-i never meant to lie to you. I was scared that I was going to scare you off and I succeed that." He chuckled rawly.

Lexie fought down her anger, letting a loose smile across her lips before gently stroking his shoulder. Dean shivered at the touch. He hadn't expected that. Lexie smiled at him. She hated that he made her feel safe. She wanted to wrap her arms around him and kiss him. To be his. But she knew he wouldn't stay. She had to be prepared for the heartbreak. Was she ready for that? She wasn't sure.

"Dean, I know. Sam explained to me. He actually texted me last night." Dean seemed shocked but she already knew he would be. "Don't worry, I'm okay. Maybe I overreacted."

Overreacted? She had every right to act that way. Her brother was hurt and could've died. He didn't understand why she was so understanding.

"Lexie—" She cut him off by pressing a finger to his lips.

"I believe you..." She's so close to him. "Monsters are real. I believe you. I was wrong for judging you like that. I was in pain and I took my anger out on you."

Dean was breathless at the lack of space. They were so close to he can feel her hot breath on his lips. He wanted to kiss her, hold her like nobody was there. Lexie used her free hand to cup Dean's cheek and lean closer. His lips touch hers. Without a single thought, Lexie deepens to kiss. His hand floats to her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Lex." He murmurs through the kiss. Lexie looks at him before pulling away slightly. He catches her lips and teases her with his tongue.

"Dean.." she utters breathlessly as she breaks the kiss. "Let's get some lunch." He nods his head just as breathless.

—-xxx

Lexie leans into Dean's side as they sat at the booth. Dean catches his brother's stares and glares at him. Sam chuckles at the look on his older brother's face. He looked happy. He'd never seen Dean this happy before.

"So..." Lexie breaks in." How long are you staying?" Dean looks at his brother and Sam shrugs.

"We don't know yet. I was thinking I could do some sightseeing." Lexie giggles, causing Sam to look at her.

"There's not much to do here, Sam."

"How about a date?" Sam smirked while Dean chokes on his drink.

Lexie quickly pats his back and grabbed a napkin for him to use. Dean takes the napkin, slightly blushing. He hadn't thought about a date yet. He didn't know that Lexie would be so understanding. He was only there to pick up Sam after he made up a fake case to stir him away. Lexie knew Dean seemed unsure about the date.

"I'm not into threesomes." Dean and Sam both broke out into unstoppable laughter.

Sam shook his head." I will not have sex with my brother." Dean choked on his own salvia.

"Oh..." Lexie said innocently. "I'm only interested in one guy." Dean smirks before arming his arm around her waist. "He's tall." He frowns and immediately thinks it is Sam.

"Oh.." He says awkwardly, slowly unwrapped his arm from her waist.

Lexie shakes her head at Dean. She felt bad for teasing him. He's the only one she wants. She hadn't been able to think straight without thinking about him. She wakes up everyday, hoping to see him by her the next morning. She hadn't felt that way for anyone.

"It's you, dork." She says before kissing him. Dean blushed red when he caught his brother's eyes in him. "You're the only one I want, Dean. I was just giving you shit to see if you were paying attention."

Lunch was short, Lexie laughed at the time Dean told her that Sam lost a magical rabbit foot. Sam didn't find it that funny. So he told her that Dean lost the foot too. She bursted out laughing, snorting like a pig. Dean found it cute. Sam watched the glances between his brother and Lexie. He couldn't help but smile.

"You lost a magical rabbit foot!" She exclaimed, before bursted into giggles. "Sorry but how?"

"It's slippery." Dean defended himself." It really is, Alex." Lexie smiled at that name. She loved it.

"Oh sure, Dean." She says with a sly smirk. "Yo waiter!" She yelled across the diner.

The waiter turned around and smiled. It was the same one Dean and Sam has weeks ago. "Yes?"

"Veronica a coffee for me." Lexie said with a smile, while Veronica rolled her eyes.

"Of course, Lexie." Veronica said with an eye roll before turning toward the two men she'd seen before. "Oh you're back I see. We still don't have pecan pie." Dean frowns slight before sighing.

"That's alright, Ms."

Lexie caught him staring at her and flicked his arm. "She's in high school, Dean." Dean blushed red before swallowing. Sam stifled a chuckle.

"He's sorry, Lexie." Sam said before Dean could speak again. "I'll have a coffee also."

Dean cleared his throat," I'll have a bacon cheeseburger with fries."

Lexie watched Veronica walk away, shifting over to Dean who looked embarrassed. Dean hadn't meant to stare at her. He wasn't trying to. Sam cleared his throat, causing Dean to glare at him. It didn't take long for Veronica to bring their food. Lexie took a big gulp of her coffee before letting out a belch. Dean's emerald eyes widened in shock.

"Sorry about that." Lexie says shyly before avoiding Dean's eyes. She felt embarrassed by her burping.

Dean's hand rubs her back and leans closer before whispering. "It's okay." He chuckled. "I don't care it's natural and besides it makes you... you."

Sam finished his coffee," I'm going to check out the library."

"Nerd." Lexie and Dean say in unison.

After Sam left, Dean pulled her closer to him. He finished his food and now had an idea. Lexie also wanted to spend some time with him alone.

"I have an idea." Lexie says before pulling Dean with her arm. Man she was strong.

Dean followed her to her bike. Lexie looked at him with delight. "Wanna ride?" Dean looks at her with a tiny smile.

"Nice ride." He says before taking her extra helmet and strapping it on his head.