11: Patience Is The Trick

Chapter 11: Patience Is The Trick

Dean inhaled his favorite pie in the entire world. Yes! He finally got his pie. It had been such a long awaited time since he'd eaten this pie. Sam just ignored him and ate his food that the nice waitress brought them. Of course it wouldn't be a trip without his brother shamelessly hitting on the locals or any hottie in sight. The waitress with long wavy auburn hair laughs at something his idiot brother said. Probably a pickup-line or whatever.

"So... I found a case." Dean raises his head and nicely ends his conversation with Nicky. Nicky frowns softly before waving and writing her digits on a napkin and handed to Dean.

After Nicky leaves, he turns his attention to his brother who looked pissed off. "Oh so, and you can start." Sam rolled his eyes and pushed his laptop in Dean's direction.

Dean grabbed the laptop and his eyes glued to screen. His brother couldn't be serious. He read the page and sighed. "A guy mysteriously disappears after entering a place called the mystery spot." He read the crazy article to his little brother.

"Dean I know but it sounds like our kind, don't you think?"
He sighed again,"Alright fine. Where's this wack job anyways?" It was going to be another long drive.
—-xx—
It's an hour later, when Lexie gets the news. She rushed out of the trailer and hops onto the freeway. When she arrives she finds her brother, smiling at her and she bursts into tears. This can't be real. She must've lost her marble.

"Lex..." FP's raspy voice only made the river keep flowing. Lexie charges into the room, burrows her head into her brother's chest. FP sees the tears in her eyes and brings his hand to her cheek, wiping away the excess and kissing the top of his baby sister's forehead. "I'm okay. I promise, Baby girl."

Lexie calmed down a bit, wiping at her eyes and gasp. "I'm so so sorry, For." Her voice was hoarse and tears started flooding her eyes again. "I was so stupid for saying that about you."

Instead of speaking, he brought her close to him and kissed her forehead and let her speak. Lexie seemed to go on and on about how she was sorry and she would've say that again. He didn't stop her. He knew she had to let it out. Although he was still confused what happened to those two men that saved him.

He tried to sit up in bed and let out a howl. Lexie quickly faces him and gasps. "Ah shit!" He cursed as his sister hit the call button on the side of his hospital bed. Nurses checked his vitals and gave him some morphine for the pain. His stomach still aches like a bitch.

"Mr. Jones, I'm Dr. Haln, I would like to ask you some questions if you wouldn't mind." He nodded his head and the questions began rolling.

Before the questions were done. Dr. Haln smiled. "Okay. It seems like you have made great progress, Mr. Jones."

"FP, Ma'am." Haln nodded, smiling before closing the door behind her.

FP turned back to his sister and sighed. Lexie looked like she was about to cry again. He didn't mean to upset her. He wasn't supposed to get her upset. It was his job to keep her safe, healthy and happy.

"Lex, I forgive you. I know you didn't mean to hurt me. You were just angry. Believe me, I was furious but now I'm okay. Jughead came in earlier and told me about the drinking." Lexie's smile faded. He wasn't supposed to find out that. "Hey, hey don't cry. I'm not mad, not at all. I'm just worried that's all."

She slowly reached for his hand and a soft smile appeared over her chapped lips. "I wasn't trying to drink just you know drink. I wanted to—"

"Forget." She nodded." I know what you mean." She frowns at the sad look on his face.