16: Spun Like A Clock

Chapter 16: Spun Like A Clock

Tuesday came around as if the day didn't even pass. Lexie waited on the rock by Sweetwater River, watching the currents rush down the stream. She felt as if her world was be spun like a clock and she didn't have any control it. This was the last thing on her mind. Dean was another. She couldn't stop thinking about him. It was toxic. She's aware. He lied to her. Not like she truly trusted him. He gave her vibes, he acted strange and a lot of secrets.

"You must be the girl." She looked away from the river and over to the tall man. He was tall, now that she could see him in the light compared to the dark.

She stood up, slowly approached the man, holding out her hand for him to shake. She wasn't a hugger. Also she didn't trust him. She kept a taser in her leather jacket pouch. Just Incase he tried anything. Her brother taught not to trust anybody or let them play her. So she'd prepared for a fight.

"Alexandra." She shortly before shaking his hand. "Explain." She didn't want to waste time; especially her time. Time is precious to her. 

He sat next her by the rock. Lexie slowly clenched her left side to make sure her taser was there. Her luck was right where she wanted it. She watched carefully as Dean's brother spoke.

"Alexandra... our story is complicated." He starts before pausing midway through his sentence. Lexie just kept her eyes on her lap. "It started before I was even a year old. Dean was four when this happened and I was only six months old."

Hearing that she lifted her head slightly, trying to keep her mouth from opening. She listened carefully to his words. She noticed that the pain was still hidden but not too buried for her to see. "I don't know exactly what happened... since I was a baby. But I do know that the same thing went after my late girlfriend, Jess."

Her eyes soften." Oh my condolences." She says softly looking him in the eyes. He looked still impacted by the tragedy.

He sighs." We got her killer last year." She doesn't know what they mean but she had a feeling it was insane beyond her imagination.

By the end, Lexie actually felt awful for treating Dean like that. Maybe she should've given a chance. He might've been someone great and she never gave him a chance. Sam and Dean seemed like good guys and she misjudged them.

His phone rang, causing both Sam and Lexie to look toward the phone. He answered and Lexie could hear the cursing from the other end. Her eyes widened at the voice. It was Dean. Her heart pulsed at the sound. She couldn't help but smile before straightening her lips.

"A fake case. Really Sam? So not cool!" Dean's voice barked.

"Dean, look I'm sorry. I had something to take care of."

Dean growled," I know where you are, Sam."

Sam's lips curl. Crap. He must've tracked him. "Riverdale. Sam, I'm coming to get you!" He hung up and left Sam shocked.

Lexie stared at him in astonishment. Her heart stopped and she felt it speed up. Dean was coming back. Here! She wasn't prepared. They didn't leave things on a good note.