19: Whiskey & Skylines

Chapter 19: Whiskey & Skylines

The next morning, She's awoken by knocking on her trailer door. She threw off the covers before groggily rubbing her eyes and looked around. After she noticed that she was alone, she wrapped her fingers around the door knob. To her surprise she saw Dean standing in her doorway.

"What are you doing here?" He just smiled at her. "Dean, I'm serious my brother will beat you if he see you." She rushed out, looking both way before shutting the door behind her.

Dean loops his arm around her frame, leaned in to kiss her and pulled her close to him. Lexie smiled loosely, looking at his emerald eyes with the sparkle in her eyes. He had mischief in his eyes as holds her in his arms.

"I wanted to see you."

She breaks into giggles." Oh baby, that's so sweet." She kissed him softly.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing, I just woke up." Her eyes float over to the door. "Do you want to come inside? My brother isn't home." She suggested, innocently winking toward the trailer.

"In your trailer?" Dean raises his eyebrow as she opened the door and lets him inside.

Lexie catches on," No sex, Dean. My brother doesn't need to hear me orgasming." Dean's fingers trace a circle above her collarbone.

"Alex.." He says in between each kiss before sucking little bites along her neckline. "I need you."

She rolled her shoulders back trying to avoid the act. She wanted him too but she couldn't be caught by FP. She already caught her brother and Alice in the act. She didn't want to be in the same position as them. Dean groaned slightly but pulled back. He watched her with curiosity as she turned on the tv. The remote in her hands select Netflix and clicked on Friends. After awhile she leaned her head by his side, laughing along to Ross finding out about Monica and chandelier. Dean listened to her laugh and a smile crossed his lips.

He loved her laugh and knew he'd miss it as soon he went hell. His brother was trying to find a cure for him but deep down Dean knew he was going to Hell. He started this it must end with him.

"What's wrong?" He blinked his eyes before looking down to see her worried eyes on him.

This is what he didn't want. He never wanted to fall for someone and then have to leave. He hadn't felt like this since Cassie and that was before they found John. He hardly let himself feel this way for anybody. But this time he had slipped.

"Nothing." Lexie heard him muttered, causing her to sit up and look directly into his emerald orbs.

"Are you sure?"

He sighed before planting a kiss on her temple." I'm sure, Alex." Lexie smiled at the nickname once again and pressed a light kiss onto his lips.

"Okay..." she curled into him again and they began watching the screen again.

—xx—

A few days later, Lexie was working in class on her project. Her phone buzzed throughout the hour. She checked and her face lit up. Dean sent her a cute text, telling her that he would take her out for dinner when she got off class.

"Dean... wow this is unexpected." She's breathless by the gesture as she walked in.

Her eyes widened at the smirk on his face. Dean took her hand into his, pulling her along to show her what he had done. Lexie climbed on top of the trunk to the 67 Chevy impala. Dean sat next her, scooping his arm around her frame. She looked up at the sky watching the stars with hope. Music filled their ears as they enjoyed the scenery. Dean starts break out into a imaginary guitar solo, causing Lexie to laugh and roll her eyes.

"Dean, you're a dork." She commented through a fit of giggles.

He didn't say anything, popped open the cork and poured some whiskey into champagne glasses. Lexie reaches for her glass first, pressing it to her lips and swallowed the contents.

"Alex, I know I am." He stayed before drowning his glass into his mouth and poured another for himself.

Lexie inhaled the Sweetwater River smell from the pine trees above the Impala. Dean was making her laugh so hard that she couldn't laugh without her side aching in pain. Maybe she would introduce him to her brother. Well for real this time.

Dean's phone rang in his pocket. Lexie exchanges a look with Dean before he slid his phone out of his pocket. He sighed as he placed the phone by his ear. "Hello?"

On the other line he can hear a gruff voice." Dean, I got a hunt for you." Lexie's ears peak up.

Dean looks over at Lexie, "Where at?"

"Stardale." Lexie gasped when she heard her old town. What's going on? "It seems to be poltergeist. It attacked a couple and now the Boyfriend's dead."

"I'll be there in a few hours." Dean replied, holding back a sigh before looking at Lexie's face. She looked disappointed. He already hated that he was letting her down. This is what he was afraid of.

He hung up the phone, sighing before opening his mouth to see Lexie's reaction. Lexie didn't want him to go. He just got there a few days ago. It wasn't fair he had to leave so soon. She had so much planned. Now he had to leave.

"Dean..." His eyes meet hers and she can see the apology written in them.

"Alex... I'll be back as soon as I can."

They got back into the Impala. Dean put it in reserve and left the parking lot. When they arrived at the motel. Sam had a smirk on his face. Dean punched his brother in the arm. Lexie rolled her eyes at Sam. She and Sam had gotten to know each other over the past couple days. She learned he likes reading and listens to 90's music. Dean despises any other time period of music then Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Metallica.

"Bobby called he has a case for us." Dean says in a mellow tone.

Sam can tell that he wasn't working forward to leaving Lexie yet. His brother told him a couple days ago he didn't want to die yet.

"Where?"

"Stardale."

"I want to come." Lexie interrupted quietly. Dean couldn't believe what she just said.

"No way." Sam and Dean said at the same time, earning glares from Lexie while she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why not? I can defend myself, Dean."

Dean walked up to her, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Alex... please—"

"I saved your ass from that psycho Brit." She argued with her teeth clenching tightly together.

Sam darted his eyes at his brother. Lexie was the girl that saved him that night. All this time it was Lexie. Man she's a badass and he's quite thankful for her. She saved Dean's life.

"Lex—"

Lexie held her hand up." No, Dean, if I can save for ass from that Brit. Then I think I can fight some damn ghosts!"

Dean was shocked by the instant change in Lexie. It was like she had a switch and he hit the right in the center. He let out a sigh before cupping her cheeks gently with his hands. He looked her in the eyes and with a meaningful stare.

"Alex... I just don't want to get hurt, okay?" She rolled her eyes but nodded her head slightly.

"Okay..." She mumbled softly before leaning forward and kissed him. "Fine I understand."

"You can come." Dean sighs again, breaking the kiss and she nods excitedly. She starts smiling." But you'll be behind me and Sam the whole time." She frowned a little before agreeing.

"I'm gonna kick some ghost butt!" She exclaimed hoping into the Impala. Meanwhile Dean and Sam groaned at her excitement.

Who thought Alexandra would be for hunting? It shocked them entirely. She had been so against in and now she was upfront fighting. Man this girl is confusing.