20: Star's

Chapter 20: Star's

After a few leg stretching hours, the Impala finally came to a stop. What horrified Lexie was the victim. Dean and Sam posed as fake FBI agents like they had before with Riverdale. So this was how they lived. Faking names and stealing identities. That's very shady and was she really ready for that. Well it's too late now. She was already there. She listened as Dean and Sam questioned the suspects or supposedly were ones.

"Any change in odor lately in your house?" Sam questions, while Lexie fights the urge to roll her eyes. What questions are these? Who asks people if they has been a strange odor? The woman with light-auburn hair shakes her head with a crinkled nose.

"No.." She answered with a confused look written into her face. Then her jaw drops." Although Joe has I mean... been saying that he noticed the hallway lights flickering at odd hours."

Joe Cain had been attacked... oh shit. She hated to say it but... karma's a bitch. She tried her best to keep a straight face at the news. She knew that it was difficult news for her but for Lexie. It was like the best news. Maybe that makes her sick minded but she didn't care.

The brothers and Lexie dig up some history about Joe Cain and ate in the little cafe, Star's. Lexie hadn't been at this place since she moved months ago. Dean orders a coffee and Lexie has her usual. An old friend came up to them and looked at Lexie in a way that Dean didn't like.

"Lexie, wow it's been a while hasn't it?" The guy asks while Lexie smiled at him.

"It's been good."

"Seeing any—"

Dean butted in." Yes she is." The guy backs off and simply gives Lexie a look.

"Oh. Never mind then."

After he disappeared, Lexie rolled her eyes at Dean and continued to look through the books they collected from the local library. Sam even gave Dean a look. Man that guy needs to chill. It was long before they found more research on Joe Cain.

"He was a local football player at Rose high school." Sam stated before taking a bite of his food. Lexie bit back a scoff.

He wasn't just a football player. He was the definition of a player. He played both her and Julia and almost ruined their friendship. "Football player my ass." She failed to mutter under her breath, causing the brothers to look over at her.

Dean sensed that something was wrong, ever since they stopped at the victim's house; she had been off. At first he ignored it but now he noted that the subject made her irritated. He didn't want to upset her. Sam squeezes her shoulder tightly, she rolled her shoulders and sighed. She felt better after he comforted her. Dean knew he didn't have to worry about Sam and Lexie. He trusted them together and he knew his brother would never hurt him.

"Player?" Dean questioned, slightly worried about her. He didn't like seeing her this way.

"Let's just we— him and I didn't end on good terms." After she said that, she looked away from his concerned eyes. She could feel his concern radiating off his body. She looked back towards him, sighing softly before opening her mouth. "He used me and I'm glad he's gone. Crap that makes me feel like—" she was cut off by Dean's finger to her lips.

"No, Alex. No it just makes you human. We all have people that hurt us and now they bite the bullet."

She sighed." It's not like we were even together. He went back to that bitch that cheated on him twice and now he's gone. She's broken and so what he means nothing to me. Wanna know why?"

He nodded his head as he started to feel his heart pulse in his chest. "You, Dean. You are the reason why I don't care about him."

He pulled her into his arms, kissing her deeply and then heard a throat clearing. He looked up in annoyance not breaking his lips from hers. He threw a murder look to his brother and began kissing her again. Lexie's arms hung loose around his neck. "I'm going to check out morgue. Come join me when your done sucking each other's faces." They heard Sam grumble and the door behind him jingle close.