[ 03 ]

T H R E E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

HOW DID THIS BETROTHAL occur? What happened in order for Taehee to be where she was now? Let me clearly explain it. We'll head to 1995 first. When Taehee was born.

1995

The timing couldn't have been more right. Princess Jiyoo's water broke a few hours ago, and she was in a private hospital where her boyfriend worked as a nurse. "It's okay, jagiya (honey). I'm here. Keep breathing in and out." He soothed her back, his heart broke at the sound of her cries and the tears that traveled down her cheeks. The Queen had also arrived escaping the public eye. "Omo! (Oh my god.) Jiyoo-ah. I'm so proud of you." She told her daughter, her own tears starting to brim her eyes. The nineteen-year-old struggled to give a wide smile back but managed to put one on. Another strangled scream escaped her lips, the contractions were getting seriously unbearable. "Okay, please start pushing your highness."

The royal doctor rushed in at the sound of her. Jiyoo's boyfriend, Eun Sungkyun, aided her along with the other nurse. It was a very hushed event. Ever since the bump on her stomach started to show five months ago, she hadn't even bothered to go outside. It hurt her to put corsets on to hide such a precious soul. "Push! One more time!" Sungkyun continued to encourage her after thirty minutes had gone by.

Jiyoo grunted with her one last push, falling back onto the bed. A small smile appeared on her face when she heard the cries of her child. "Sungkyun-ah. That's- that's our child!" She sobbed, her hands trembled as she held the little girl. "What will you name her?" Queen Heeju asked with a hoarse voice, patting her daughter's back soothingly. The couple exchanged a knowing look, "Eun Taehee. The hanja (the Korean name for Chinese characters) for 'tae' means hope." Sungkyun gave a warm smile to the sleeping child. While the couple grew fond over their child, the Queen walked into the lobby. "Have you got the documents?" She asked the doctor, who held the papers in his hands. He nodded, handing them to her. "I expect the world to never know who Taehee is until the time is right. As that will be so as long as you or your hospital never reveals the birth of Princess Taehee. Thank you for doing a great favor."

• • •

1996

"Hush now little one. Your mother will be home soon." The Queen cradled the small baby, booping her nose. The baby girl became quiet, giggling at her grandmother. "Your royal highness? May I come in?" Her butler asked with an urgent tone. She hummed loudly in response, playing with the baby's fingers. Her butler bowed before speaking, "It's about Princess Jiyoo. She has been involved in a serious car crash. The doctors say she has a very little chance of living." The blood in the Queen ran cold. Her heart had almost stopped like her mind. "W-What?" She gaped at the news, holding the suddenly tearful baby even closer. "A car is coming to pick you up and drop you to the hospital."

She shook her head, dismissing the statement. "I'm sorry to say this but I'll go in a hour. There is something I must do first." She said, watching the butler bow and leave her room. Tears had become like a leaking tap, they just couldn't stop. While she rocked the crying baby, she fumbled around for some parchment and a pen.

"This is Queen Hwang Heeju's will. By now I must be dead if this has come into action. I only have one wish to seek. I want my granddaughter to fulfill her royal duties when the time is right. You won't find her easily as I will leave her with her aunt, Eun Gokyun. And this 'will' will be hidden away and if fate allows its, it will be found at the right time. I want her to have a normal life before she can fulfill her duties. No one knows about her father of her existence. Because know one knows about my daughter, Princess Jiyoo, and her partner. If you find her, please announce her has Hwang Jiyoo and Eun Sungkyun's daughter. A princess and a commoner's daughter."

• • •

A few days after her daughter's death, the Queen had grown every weak. So she called for Eun Gokyun. The woman arrived from Goyang in tears, telling her that her bother couldn't handle his lover's death. He had committed suicide. "It feels like fate wasn't meant to be, Gokyun-ah." Queen Heeju's hands trembled as she handed the sleeping child to her. "Please take care of her. And never lie to her about her parents. The only thing she shouldn't know are her royal duties. She deserves something less chaotic." Gokyun wiped her tears away, swaying the baby gently. "Become her best friend. Maybe even the mom Jiyoo would be." She nodded at older female, walking away with tears from the palace.

The butler attended her way out, putting an umbrella over her and the baby's head. For an awful day, the weather was just perfect. It rained harshly that day, thunder and lighting had even made its appearance. And that very night, when the Queen went asleep, she had suffered a heart attack. It was deadly. But she didn't call for help.

She wanted to die in peace. She wanted to die knowing her granddaughter would be able to live for her daughter who didn't. And she did. Queen Heeju the next day was found dead in her bed by her butler. On that day, due to no Hwang heir being left, Prince Byun Hyungseop had his coronation. Turning into South Korea's King overnight.

• • •

2018

The royal family had taken a step forward today. After twenty-two years, King Hyungseop had finally allowed the maids to clean former Queen's room. He always struggled to allow them to clean it, he couldn't let go of the presence of the motherly figure. He was even more worried when her was urgently called up there. "What is going on?" His voice bellowed throughout the room, watching the maids, guards and his butler bow. "The maids found this, your royal highness. It seems to be Queen Heeju's will." He widened his eyes, taking the papers from the butler. His eyes scanned over the documents, expanding his eyes at the words written. "May I ask what has been written in order to fulfill the requests met, your royal highness?"

"Princess Jiyoo has a child. Queen Heeju has a granddaughter. The Hwang family has a heir. I'm no longer rightfully king."